Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copyright Issues: Someone is trying to make money with one of your images

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

cutout style images of the bridge are easy enough to find, but the bird and the wording are unique to those two.

put it this way - if i was the designer of the first (whichever one it was), i'd be pissed off if i saw the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

Interesting ... so the website that was selling my image (without permission) has removed it ... but replaced it with another image of the Same subject - Poolbeg

... I'll be keeping an eye of this site and the offending market stall ... and not for the art!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that's not exactly a well designed image they're selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Also the birds are just lifted from their 'Phoenix Park Sunset' which is just a bit of vector clip art stock with some text added.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Would be a decent effort on an Etch-a-sketch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭rayfitzharris

Would be a decent effort on an Etch-a-sketch.

Looks very close to this one.. With added birds and a click of the colour dropper

http://jamartfactory.com/?p=1520

both €25. i know which i'd buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Interesting ... so the website that was selling my image (without permission) has removed it ... but replaced it with another image of the Same subject - Poolbeg

... I'll be keeping an eye of this site and the offending market stall ... and not for the art!!!

€25 for a crappy clipart sketch? That's madness. Anyone that pays that deserves to be ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

SeySparks wrote: »
    I have checked the company name and they are registered on the Navan Road. Dunard Rd.

This is a matter for the High Court.

You can seek an injunction and damages for breach of copyright and passing off - the individual company owners can be sued in a personal capacity as they do not appear to be a Limited Liability Company.

It may be possible to register any Judgement as a Judgement mortgage on any property they may own to satisfy the Judgement.

This is a civil matter - it is fraud and therefore it is, as I say again, a matter for the High Court. It is a criminal offence.

I would urge any of the affected parties above to act accordingly so as to avoid this sort of thing from ever happening again.

This company is listed on the CRO. I suggest starting from there with your respective solicitors.

I'm no expert but I've been selling artwork online for awhile.

The first thing you have to do is send a legally worded "Cease and Desist" letter.

Usually the offender will pay attention to that.

Taking it any further will incur major expense (how would you start to audit their accounts?), especially if they promptly removed it after being notified.

Advertisement