Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance renewel

• 10-11-2015 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

Hi all

My wife Aviva health policy was auto renewed in September.The policy comes out of my account and she wasn't aware it was due to be renewed.
    I have a lot of direct debits coming out and I had no idea it was due for renewel either.
    I've read that she will have to pay a fee for cancelling but surely if she never signed up for a renewel this can't be the case

Thanks In advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Does it say in the Ts&Cs that it will automatically renew unless she cancels at the end of the policy term? If it does then she was made aware when she initially signed up. If not then it should be easily sorted.

My pet insurance did this recently and I was a bit annoyed until I realised I had read somewhere that they would renew, my own fault!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Probably in the t&c and definitely on the renewal letter she got.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Probably in the t&c and definitely on the renewal letter she got.

Yes id be surprised if it's not in the T&C.never received a renewel letter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Imagine how pissed off you'd be if it didn't auto renew and you needed to use it a few days after it was due for renewal!

Normally renewal documents are sent out 6 weeks before renewal and gives you option not to renew or move.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

delahuntv wrote: »
    Imagine how pissed off you'd be if it didn't auto renew and you needed to use it a few days after it was due for renewal!

Normally renewal documents are sent out 6 weeks before renewal and gives you option not to renew or move.

Yes ur totally correct.i just presumed that it would be a rolling 30 day contract the same way a phone bill would be

• Advertisement
Advertisement