Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Lynne's ELO April 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Anyone who wants to see the set list, it has been virtually the same every night of the tour so far

The gigs are only lasting 90 minutes ,pretty poor value ,you'd expect at least 2 hours for such a large back catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Gig is cancelled. Joke. At least give a days notice ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Moved to May 7th I think.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jeff Lynne's ELO - 3Arena, Dublin Friday 29th April 2016

We are very sorry to announce that following doctor's advice, Jeff Lynne has had to postpone his performance at 3Arena, Dublin this evening.

Jeff would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise to all his fans for any inconvenience and disappointment caused.

The performance has been re-scheduled and will now take place at 3Arena, Dublin on Saturday 7th May 2016

Tickets will remain valid for the re-scheduled performance. Any customers not able to attend the new date should contact their point of purchase for refunds

Should you need any further assistance, please contact point of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Ridiculous short notice. We were just leaving the house when we found out. I'd say there'll be plenty of people that have a long way to travel who won't hear about it until they're already there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

I sold my tickets yesterday because I couldn't make it tonight. Doh! Had great seats and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Ridiculous short notice. We were just leaving the house when we found out. I'd say there'll be plenty of people that have a long way to travel who won't hear about it until they're already there.

Yeah, what a day to pick to be sick, bad planning.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Anyone know if The Feeling are still going to be the support act on Saturday?. I was looking forward to seeing them.

Extra tickets have been released on Ticketmaster for the gig in case anyone needs one

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I was checked into the hotel last Fri when a friend called to ask if I'd heard the news - which I hadn't!!! Two of us in a hotel room that cost €109.00 for the night (I booked the room a few months back). Another friend was half way to Dublin and turned right around.

So I rebooked the same hotel for this Sat and they are charging €149.00 - I asked why the price is so much higher - "because they're very busy" - of course they are, I'm sure loads of disappointed fans had to rebook hotels for Saturday night, just a week before the new concert.

Let's hope Mr. Lynne and Co give us our money's worth - seeing as though this is 2 trips from Cork and 2 over-night stays. We deserve a good long set after the expense of last week's set-back. I wonder how many people booked their bank hol weekend in Dublin around the concert.

Anyway, fingers and toes crossed that all goes ahead on Sat night - can't wait to see them and The Feeling. :D

• Advertisement

Whats actually curious about the gig last Friday is that Ticketmaster released no extra production tickets during the week building up to the gig which could lead one to believe that they knew that the gig wouldnt be going ahead .
    The production tickets were only released this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Whats actually curious about the gig last Friday is that Ticketmaster released no extra production tickets during the week building up to the gig which could lead one to believe that they knew that the gig wouldnt be going ahead .
    The production tickets were only released this week.

Is it possible the extra tickets released this week were the ones they had refunded for people who couldn't make the new date?

Is it possible the extra tickets released this week were they ones they had refunded for people who couldn't make the new date?

Yeah that's most likely what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Starting out from Cork again tomorrow ! Anyone any idea what time ELO will be on stage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Starting out from Cork again tomorrow ! Anyone any idea what time ELO will be on stage ?

8.45pm and finish at 10.30pm according twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

8.45pm and finish at 10.30pm according twitter

Jeff Lynne retweeted message

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

MCD posted the times on its site, stating that ELO are on at 8.30pm:

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=6200519&ar=jefflynneselo&cat=all

"Showtimes are as follows:

6.30pm Doors
    7.30pm The Shoos
    8.30pm Jeff Lynne’s ELO".

Ticketmaster sent an notification during the week also stating that ELO are on at 8.30pm.

It is stated on the 3 Arena site that ELO are on at 8.30pm

http://3arena.ie/index.php/artist/jeff-lynnes-elo/1243

"Showtimes are as follows:

6.30pm Doors
    7.30pm Opening Act
    8.30pm Jeff Lynne’s ELO".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

The extra tickets put on sale are usually a mixture of returns and production seats that are held back until they see how the stage setup fills the arena.

The Feeling are NOT the support for Saturday, Dublin band THE SHOOS have taken their place.

See you later.....

marwelie wrote: »
    The extra tickets put on sale are usually a mixture of returns and production seats that are held back until they see how the stage setup fills the arena.

The Feeling are NOT the support for Saturday, Dublin band THE SHOOS have taken their place.

See you later.....

The Shoos??? MCD have saved themselves a few bob there.

marwelie wrote: »

Yip,but its interesting that there were absolutely no extra tickets released last week in the build up to the gig ,which leads me to believe that they knew well in advance that the gig was not going ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Yip,but its interesting that there were absolutely no extra tickets released last week in the build up to the gig ,which leads me to believe that they knew well in advance that the gig was not going ahead.

I don't think that they knew well in advance that the show was going to be postponed. After I heard about the postponement at around 2.45pm on Friday 29th April, I rang the 3 Arena venue at around 3pm-3.30pm, to confirm about the postponement.

As I understand it, from the phonecall, the 3 Arena venue had got word of the postponement not long beforehand, and the stage set up, for the gig, was already in place in the venue.

As I understand it, when word came through, in the afternoon, that the show was postponed, the stage crew began dismantling the stage set up, for the gig, on Friday afternoon, after it was announced that the show was not taking place that night.

I guess, if it had been known well in advance that it was going to be postponed, they would not have prepared the stage for the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

I'm not too worried, I'm elated to have got tickets last Sunday having missed out last November. So looking forward to tonight!

Well I hope everything goes accordingly to plan today for everyone travelling up to the gig, have a good one.

A friend of mine who works in passport control at Dublin airport, she was talking to ELO today, so they are definitely in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

I think you're way off on this one, the tickets that went on sale during the week were scattered around the arena. Block D, K, G etc. They were tickets people returned after the change of date, not production hold seats.

mark13 wrote: »
    I think you're way off on this one, the tickets that went on sale during the week were scattered around the arena. Block D, K, G etc. They were tickets people returned after the change of date, not production hold seats.

Perhaps you are right but MCD and Ticketmaster both said that the extra tickets were production hold seats .

The extra tickets were probably a mixture of returns and production hold tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

That was class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Amazing gig!!

Best gig i've been to in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

Best concert I was ever at, I'm not exaggerating!

Advertisement