Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook email problem

• 10-11-2015 11:28am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I use Outlook for emails and have had no problems until recently - about 2 or 3 months.

Currently, emails to gmail.com accounts do not get received but no bounce back. This only occurs with messages sent from Outlook, but not from Webmail, so it is definitely an Outlook problem, and does not affect other email addresses.

Any ideas. (I have checked for malware).
    Post edited by yoyo on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Verify your outgoing email settings for your account. You can use your ISP's outgoing SMTP server, but you're better off using gmail's own.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I am not using gmail, it is the people I am emailing that have gmail Others are OK. It is recently that this has been happening. I am with iol.ie, and have had no problems with other email destinations - only gmail with outlook - webmail gets through.

I receive mails from gmail OK, just the replies disappear into that great cloud in the sky.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Do not bump old threads. Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement