Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel map ideas

• 10-11-2015 12:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey guys, just want to get some thoughts/experience on a gift idea that i have. What i'm thinking of is a travel map of the world that can be covered with small polaroid photos from each trip to a different country.

I have seen the pin maps online but not sure how well they would work using photos - unless i get a huge map!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Print small QR codes for the images' URLs? Pin those to the map, so recipient can view images via smartphone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,640 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

How about make the photos a border around the map, pins in the map and pin in photo with maybe red thread going between the pins.

Like this.
    www.pinterest.com/pin/Ayc7EQAQAFQELQm-bosAAAA/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Hayden Pennyfeather

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Print small QR codes for the images' URLs? Pin those to the map, so recipient can view images via smartphone?

Cool idea but i think person whom it's for would prefers printed photos. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Hayden Pennyfeather

_Brian wrote: »
    How about make the photos a border around the map, pins in the map and pin in photo with maybe red thread going between the pins.

Like this.

That's definitely an idea. Have been browsing pinterest alright - probably my best bet.

Thanks for the reply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement