Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback about a thread I started in "Mobile App" forum

Options
  • 10-11-2015 12:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I find it highly unfair that you're somehow painting this as an experience with the Boards.ie Community when you're talking about the actions of a single person.

The question raised is certainly fair and legitimate, you claim you're a teacher and yet you're asking the sort of question someone with little or no knowledge of the subject might ask and that you've no budget for properly running a course - it rings major alarm bells for me. If you are a teacher, then surely you must already be using some tool or other or at the very least a budget to pay for something? Would it not have made more sense to lead with "I currently teach a class using tool X, has anyone any recommendations for any other tools?"

I don't, however, condone or support the manner in which it was raised, nor the accusations of incompetence or fraud. The old idiom of "it's not what was said, but how it was said" rings true here.

Anyway, the person in question is no longer a mod, these sorts of "blunt-to-the-point-of-rudeness" confrontations are the reason for that.

Oh, and the post was reported to the mods of the forum, where else would it be reported to?

Advertisement