Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neef a recommendation on fallen arches

Options
  • 10-11-2015 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all, had knee pains for over a year then a while ago my hip and lower back on the same side started giving me grief. I want to get this sorted so first I'm going to see if its fallen arches. Can anyone recommend where i can go to get that seen to? I used to run a lot but gave that up when the knee started complaining. Any help on where to go would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

was told by a physio that i had fallen arches, still unsure if that was a correct diagnoses but got a pair of decent insoles in a sports shop. cant hurt trying them. i was also getting knee pain, still do to a degree but not as bad. ive since moved onto another physio and was recommended by him to start doing some foam rolling. id highly recommend it, even though it may not solve your current injury problems, it might help. best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Foot Solutions in town they scan you feet and model an insole to correct your stance and have you standing how you should, this is suppose to sort out all ankle knee back issues related to incorrect insoles, I'm no expert but I had my feet scanned before never got it done as it is expensive I think it was around the 200 mark to get the insoles made up, but i will go and get it done at some stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

I had both the generic insoles in Boots and the 200 euro made to measure ones , I found the boots ones at about 14 € perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I used Paul Walsh in Johnstown for a similar problem, found him excellent 086 8377900, he is a podiatrist not the Doctor of the same name.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 katanajay

some great reading on several sites on the web and thanks to everyone here you have given me plenty to think about.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

katanajay wrote: »
    Hi all, had knee pains for over a year then a while ago my hip and lower back on the same side started giving me grief. I want to get this sorted so first I'm going to see if its fallen arches. Can anyone recommend where i can go to get that seen to? I used to run a lot but gave that up when the knee started complaining. Any help on where to go would be greatly appreciated.
    Jill Dunlop in Ardkeen is very good. She's a chiropractor, but her speciality is legs and feet, and the whole alignment business.

Advertisement