Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling wasted, worthless and thinking of the future..

Options
  • 10-11-2015 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I;m looking to keep anonymity as I've been working for my company for a year now in my field and abroad with my company for just under three months.

When I began with the company up until before I left, I felt confident and a feeling of self worthiness, that I was actually doing something worthwhile with my job and getting places (recent graduate)

However, I knew before being sent abroad, it'd be very different, working on my own as it is a short term research project. Since arriving here, the small team already here have already stated there is no need for me as there is no market for our product/service.

With the (limited, I have tried & tried) contact that I have from those back in Irish offices, they've stated to keep looking and researching and if there is no market, at least the company knows this.

There is not a lot of work to be done bar the project itself so I find myself lying idle a lot with a lot of reading and meetings that generally feel completely worthless. (Although the experience living abroad is great)

Returning back to Ireland soon, I'm afraid that after I leave the company, can't see them keeping me on, when I apply for other jobs, I will have learned nothing and companies may look down on me for this.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭nozipcode

I understand how that feels. However it could be that you are just not looking at your skills in the right frame of mind. What seems mundane/boring/mindnumbing-ly easy to you might actually be very attractive to other employers. You just need to sell it is the right way,and (to an extent) believe it yourself.

You say you have learned nothing but I am sure that is not true/.

Can you list some of your main activities as part of your role? Maybe you can word them in a way that makes them sound good without lying on your CV/resume.

Advertisement