Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busted - Dublin and Belfast May 2016

Options
  • 10-11-2015 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭

BUSTED ARE BACK!!! :D

They are the music of my teen years and was gutted I never got to see them. Hopefully I can rectify that.

https://twitter.com/Busted/status/664048639124373504

Tickets are on sale on Friday the 13th at 9am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Very excited about this. Charlie's only doing it for the money but who am i to complain? Massive guilty pleasure growing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Can't wait for this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Finally here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

What time is it going to be over tonight? Conscious of getting buses back from 3 Arena to Abbey considering Luas is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

FionnK86 wrote: »
    What time is it going to be over tonight? Conscious of getting buses back from 3 Arena to Abbey considering Luas is off.

The Luas strikes were called off?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Luas strikes were called off?

But no Luas between Jervis and the 3Arena until July

The concert was very good and the lighting display is one of the best I've seen but that was way too short! Just shy of an hour and fifteen minutes for the main act. They could have added in Nerdy and Britney to the list.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The concert was very good and the lighting display is one of the best I've seen but that was way too short! Just shy of an hour and fifteen minutes for the main act. They could have added in Nerdy and Britney to the list.

Yes it was quite short, and I was disappointed Britney was left out. I was shocked Wheatus started playing Teenage Dirtbag so early in their set until I realised they were finished, felt like they were on for less than half an hour :confused:

There was a general lack of buzz about the place, very empty and people weren't cramming in to the front so it didn't feel like a real gig, maybe The Academy for 2 nights would've been a better choice.The girlfriends a long time fan, and I was into them a few years ago. James' crowd interaction was a bit dull, he just kept saying '2002' and 'Yeah Dublin'. I felt they could've tried to had more fun with the crowd, like Wheatus did with Teenage Dirtbag at the breakdown part. :o

Having seen McBusted with herself last year, I was let down too with the lights show, would not have liked to be in the 'Pig Sty' at the back, staring at the back of the band. Would have preferred to see them in a more intimate venue, it's not 2003 anymore.

Most positive point of the night is their new song, I love it. It's kind of like what Blink-182 should've done with their new material. Modern, but with hints of the old Busted.

I was on the last row in Block D and we had a grand time! Good few dancers around us. Wheatus were only an opening act so half an hour is enough.

I think with James being a creative type, his brain does be buzzing in a million different directions and that doesn't compute to his mouth at all! Charlie was very quiet but he has such a velvet voice!

Yeah Coming Home was great! No-one knew the words around me apart from me. They released it for free a few weeks ago.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I was on the last row in Block D and we had a grand time! Good few dancers around us. Wheatus were only an opening act so half an hour is enough.

I think with James being a creative type, his brain does be buzzing in a million different directions and that doesn't compute to his mouth at all! Charlie was very quiet but he has such a velvet voice!

Yeah Coming Home was great! No-one knew the words around me apart from me. They released it for free a few weeks ago.

Seeing as Busted's set was short, Wheatus were probably asked to cut their set by a good bit, it's a shame because they a few other bangers.

Another thing I liked was that the fans there were true fans, and a lot of people knew the words about me, compared to Bruce Springsteen on Friday where most of the people only knew 'Dancing In The Dark'. :o

Yeah it seemed like he wanted to try and interact, but couldn't really connect emotions to words.

• Advertisement
Advertisement