Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Street Preachers-Everything Must Go live-28th May 2016,Liberty Stadium,Swansea

Options
  • 10-11-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

So looks like the Welsh Rockers are doing a 20th anniversary performance of their most commercially successful album on Sat 28th May next year. I remember seeing them touring this album at the The Point in 1996(an indoor Feile thing) and again at The Day Trip To Tipp in Semple Stadium in 1997.

Hard to know how big a tour, if any, they will do before or after the Swansea show so I plan on making the trip across for this and making a weekend of it.

Cannot wait to see the whole album played live, especially after seeing The Holy Bible in its entirety in The Olympia last December.

Any other takers?!????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'm tempted to go but I am a bit disappointed that they may become or be seen as just touring off their older, stronger albums and not touring on the back of their very good recent output.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Well, they played some new stuff at EP, but it was a festival, so it was mainly a festival type setlist.

Super Furry Animals supporting too in Wales, who are well worth seeing live.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Love to see a full Welsh line up at this

Manics
    Stereophonics
    Super Furry Animals
    Feeder
    Catfish & The Bottlemen

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

scudzilla wrote: »

Manics
    Stereophonics
    Super Furry Animals
    Feeder
    Catfish & The Bottlemen

That would be unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

scudzilla wrote: »

Manics
    Stereophonics
    Super Furry Animals
    Feeder
    Catfish & The Bottlemen

Super Furry Animals and Public Service Broadcasting (not Welsh) are supporting...so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'm tempted to go but I am a bit disappointed that they may become or be seen as just touring off their older, stronger albums and not touring on the back of their very good recent output.

It's probably a Holy Bible type show, 1st half being the album in question, 2nd half being a greatest hits.

It's what they did in the Olympia last year and quite a lot of the recent stuff was covered.

http://goo.gl/JkFCrx

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Tickets in the bag,roll on May 28th!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

Hopefully we'll get b-sides like Sepia, Horses Under Starlight and Mr Carbohydrate

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Great band live but their gigs are always too short
    Talking of plans for the show, Wire said the band intend to play for "maybe one hour 45. They're really enjoyable gigs to do as a one-off like that, you haven't got to worry about the next day, you haven't got to worry about James' voice or my legs and my knees, you just throw it all into that one night so I think you can be a bit more Springsteen-esque about it and play for a lot longer really."

Nicky considers 1 hour 45 minutes a lot longer ,lol

So a little over 6 weeks to go and I honestly cannot wait for it to come around. Getting a very early flight over on the Friday morning so can anybody with any experience of Swansea recommend any good pubs around the City? Not too worried about the Saturday as I'm sure it just be a case of following the crowd!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Gutted they haven't announced an Irish gig :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

So a little over 6 weeks to go and I honestly cannot wait for it to come around. Getting a very early flight over on the Friday morning so can anybody with any experience of Swansea recommend any good pubs around the City? Not too worried about the Saturday as I'm sure it just be a case of following the crowd!!

Wind Street, pronounced Wine Street is the drunk area who are probably looking for!

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Wind Street, pronounced Wine Street is the drunk area who are probably looking for!

That'll do,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Sitting in the airport... waiting for a flight to cardiff.... Can't wait for this.... :-)

Not a bad spot this Swansea!!

Advertisement