Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Coverage in work since June with Eir mobile

Options
  • 10-11-2015 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Hi

My wife is in a contract with Eir(contract was initially emobile ) since January of this year. It is a 24 month unlimited calls texts and 5gb of data. She had an iPhone 6

The coverage where we live is fine albeit no data but that's not the issue.

She works about 2miles away from where we live and had coverage up till June of this year when she got her summer holidays and since she has gone back to work in September she has no Coverage whatsoever.

From 9am to 3 pm she can't be contacted and only gets all her texts and missed calls via texts when she comes home.

She has got a replacement SIM but I don't think that's the issue as she has no problems anywhere else.

I understand that your roaming contract with Vodafone ended in June of this year and I think that could be the issue here.

I'm just wondering where she stands in relation to the remainder of her contract if she can no longer get the service she is paying for and had been receiving but is longer receiving for a significant portion of her week

I can send a PM with her details if you want to look into it

Thanks
    Numorouno

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Does anyone in Eir want to address this question or will I have to resort to other regulatory authorities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

numorouno wrote: »
    Hi

My wife is in a contract with Eir(contract was initially emobile ) since January of this year. It is a 24 month unlimited calls texts and 5gb of data. She had an iPhone 6

The coverage where we live is fine albeit no data but that's not the issue.

She works about 2miles away from where we live and had coverage up till June of this year when she got her summer holidays and since she has gone back to work in September she has no Coverage whatsoever.  

From 9am to 3 pm she can't be contacted and only gets all her texts and missed calls via texts when she comes home.

She has got a  replacement SIM but I don't think that's the issue as she has no problems anywhere else.

I understand that your roaming contract with Vodafone ended in June of this year and I think that could be the issue here.

I'm just wondering where she stands in relation to the remainder of her contract if she can no longer get the service she is paying for and had been receiving but is longer receiving for a significant portion of her week

I can send a PM with her details if you want to look into it

Thanks
    Numorouno
    Hi numoroumo

[font=Times New Roman","serif]In most cases you should have really good coverage. Unfortunately, like all mobile networks, we can’t fully guarantee indoor coverage. Coverage in your house can vary depending on the type of building. For example, if your house is built with thicker materials, or if you’re trying to access the network from a basement you may find it harder to connect to the network.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Regarding the National Roaming Agreement….[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Letters were sent out to various customers in areas who have been affected negatively. If they didn’t receive a letter but experienced network issues and felt they may have been impacted by this, they contacted Customer Care were they ran network checks in those areas and advised them further.

So the customers, who did receive letters, were dealt with.  Customers, who felt like they were impacted, called Customer Care and were assisted.[/font]

I'm sorry I can't assist further but if you would like to log a complaint please contact eir mobile care on 1800690000

Thanks
    Al

There is no issue in the house. It is in the school where she works. The issue has only arisen since June so she had comparatively good coverage in June and then none on September in the exact same place so the type and construction of the building is definitely not the issue. It is also the same phone and was the same SIM card and tried a new SIM card recommended by yourselves with no success

Received no letter saying that would be affected by this agreement discontination

It is a bit disingenuous to say that people who didn't receive a letter contacted customer care and were resolved. I didn't know the issue until recently. Now contacting customer care and you appear to be fobbing off the issue with exploring any options or even asking for account details!

I think it's fair to say that I was happy with the service I was signed up for and was working bit in the interim you changed your service agreement by discontinuing your roaming agreement with Vodafone which has no negatively impacted on my service that I don't have a service and didn't contact me in relation to this. I cant say this is a breach of contract in relation to this but I certainly will be exploding this if you are unwilling to attempt to solve the issue or excuse me from my contract

There is no issue in the house. It is in the school where she works.  The issue has only arisen since June so she had comparatively good coverage in June and then none on September in the exact same place so the type and construction of the building is definitely not the issue.  It is also the same phone and was the same SIM card and tried a new SIM card recommended by yourselves with no success

Received no letter saying that would be affected by this agreement discontination

It is a bit disingenuous to say that people who didn't receive a letter contacted customer care and were resolved. I didn't know the issue until recently. Now contacting customer care and you appear to be fobbing off the issue with exploring any options or even asking for account details!

I think it's fair to say that I was happy with the service I was signed up for and was working bit in the interim you changed your service agreement by discontinuing your roaming agreement with Vodafone which has no negatively impacted on my service that I don't have a service and didn't contact me in relation to this.  I cant say this is a breach of contract in relation to this but I certainly will be exploding this if you are unwilling to attempt to solve the issue or excuse me from my contract

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I completely understand your frustration.  If this issue is in her work place, we can’t guarantee service in all areas. This will all depending on the location.  What is the exact address of the school?[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]If she knows of anyone else (with eirMobile/Meteor) experiencing theses issues, please PM me the numbers (we need at least three numbers) and we raise a ticket with Technical support regarding this.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al
    [/font]

I understand you can't guarantee service but she had service for 6months e whilst you had the roaming agreement and now nothing so the problem appears to be Eir leaving the Vodafone agreement

Why do you need 3 numberss? I am not getting service. I would like this resolved.

Will I send you a PM with the details?

• Advertisement

I understand you can't guarantee service but she had service for 6months e whilst you had the roaming agreement and now nothing so the problem appears to be Eir leaving the Vodafone agreement

Why do you need 3 numberss?  I am not getting service. I would like this resolved.

Will I send you a PM with the details?
    Hi numorouno

For this to be investigated we need an example of three affected numbers. When you have these numbers please PM me.

Thanks
    Al

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi numorouno

For this to be investigated we need an example of three affected numbers. When you have these numbers please PM me.

Thanks
    Al

She is the only one at her workplace that is with Eir mobile.

Does that mean that you won't be looking into the lack of service and I neednt bother PM you any details cos one single customer problem doesn't matter?

That's a pretty good way of dealing(fobbing off!) with any issues

Numorouno

Numorouno

Save yourself the frustration and the hassle of trying to get eir to actually do something for their customers. They might like to portray themselves as if they care but from my experience they couldnt give a shít.

Do what I did...switched to Vodafone. For €22-50 a month I am getting unlimited calls, texts, 100mins International calls and 3.5gb of 4g data. But most importantly I am getting coverage in areas where the eir crooks supplied nothing (used to be great like yours). They blamed everything from the phone, sim card, the house (even though I couldnt get coverage outdooors!!) They basically had a different excuse and lie each time I tried to do something about it.

Swittch to Vodafone.....Best move Ive ever made. Do however make sure to report eir to Comreg (they do feck all too...but do hand out fines to eir each year for shít service and refusing to help customers with issues.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

TheTorment wrote: »
    Numorouno

Save yourself the frustration and the hassle of trying to get eir to actually do something for their customers. They might like to portray themselves as if they care but from my experience they couldnt give a shít.

Do what I did...switched to Vodafone. For €22-50 a month I am getting unlimited calls, texts, 100mins International calls and 3.5gb of 4g data. But most importantly I am getting coverage in areas where the eir crooks supplied nothing (used to be great like yours). They blamed everything from the phone, sim card, the house (even though I couldnt get coverage outdooors!!) They basically had a different excuse and lie each time I tried to do something about it.

Swittch to Vodafone.....Best move Ive ever made. Do however make sure to report eir to Comreg (they do feck all too...but do hand out fines to eir each year for shít service and refusing to help customers with issues.)

What price plan on Vodafone gives you unlimited calls and 3GBP data for 22.50. Could you please post a.link please if possible

Advertisement