Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moore Street Shambles

Options
  • 10-11-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭

I was wondering what happened to this project and of course the much more significant planned shopping center, which would give the area a well needed lift. I assumed the whole thing had disappeared into the either of things that never get done, right next to metro north, dart underground and the new runway at the airport.

RTÉ has reported today that the commemorative centre will be built but not be open in time for easter

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/1110/740847-moore-street-restoration/

who will be handed a P45 over this shambles? probably nobody.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Running out all the ****ty vendors occupying the shops would be a start

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Saw that on the news yesterday. The arguments about 16 Moore St went on for five years and now it won't be done in time for the commemorations. Terrible planning but as usual nobody will be held accountable.

As for the main site it is a shining example of why govt should tax developers every year for hoarding land. If they can't afford to build on it within the duration of the planning permission they should be forced to sell it to someone who can, use it or lose it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

They only had 100 years to figure it out.

Christ Almighty!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Yet another museum to militant republicanism, which will no doubt be used to beat us all over the head by the self-proclaimed patriots of the nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

hmmm wrote: »
    Yet another museum to militant republicanism, which will no doubt be used to beat us all over the head by the self-proclaimed patriots of the nation.
    Me...agenda...never :eek: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,861 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The moment it was mentioned I was convinced it wasn't going to be done in time. Expect 'done some time in 2016' to slip to 2017 at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

hmmm wrote: »

Brave soldiers who fought for the good of this Nation thank you very much.

Advertisement