Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop bought pate

Options
  • 10-11-2015 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a nice shop bought chicken liver pate. I want to make one for christmas ( i love it ) but the wife and mother in law want to taste one before they commit to having it as a starter on christmas day !

I live in Laois but am in Dublin most weeks, so a shop or online would be cool !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hi all,

I'm looking for a nice shop bought chicken liver pate. I want to make one for christmas ( i love it ) but the wife and mother in law want to taste one before they commit to having it as a starter on christmas day !

I live in Laois but am in Dublin most weeks, so a shop or online would be cool !

Why don't you get a simple recipe, (like this one),make it for then so they can taste it, and then if they do like it serve it at christmas dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Fallon and Byrne (just off George's/Grafton St, on Exchequer St) pate is seriously great. go to the deli counter at the back and you can buy as small an amount as you like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Avoca ones are delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

The one you can buy in Sheridans Cheesemongers on South Anne Street in Dublin is my favourite.

On The Pigs Back are the people who make it.

The smoked bacon and port one.

http://www.onthepigsback.ie/pages/wholesale-customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

+1 for On the Pigs Back. It's an awesome pate, my favourite one. Smooth, tasty, not any trace of bitterness. Way too accessible for me in Cork. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I got the one in Avoca and its yum. Going to try Fallon & Byrne next week

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Not shop bought, but I had Hestons "Meat Fruit" last weekend and it was simply amazing. I've possibly ruined future pate for myself.

meat-fruit-dinner.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just bumping this to ask about the longevity of pates. Are they all recommended to be consumed within 2-3 days of opening or do any brands have a bit longer than that?

Advertisement