Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Bank Transfer

• 10-11-2015 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how long an online transfer from a bank account with PTSB to BOI will take?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

Will take usually 2 or 3 days but they usually tell you 3-5 days to set your expectations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Will take usually 2 or 3 days but they usually tell you 3-5 days to set your expectations.

All of this is incorrect. Transfers made between Irish banks take 1 working day (if done after close of business, it'll take 2 working days). Can't imagine any of the banks would purposely misinform anyone on this when its common knowledge since the introduction of SEPA rules.

All of this is incorrect. Transfers made between Irish banks take 1 working day (if done after close of business, it'll take 2 working days). Can't imagine any of the banks would purposely misinform anyone on this when its common knowledge since the introduction of SEPA rules.

It takes one business banking day following the business day on which the original bank are deemed to receive a customer's instruction.

So depending on how you look at it, it can take 1 day, 2 days, 3 days or even 4.

If you make a transfer at 10pm on a Friday, it might not hit the payee's account until Monday afternoon.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've accounts with BOI and PTSB and I transfer online a few times a month - if it's done on a weekday before 3pm it'll be in the next morning (providing the next day is a working day) if it's a weekend then it it's the next working day. After 3pm it'll be in the day after the next day ie if it's done at 6pm on Monday night, it'll be in the other account on Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

To add confusion further into the mix, the transfer can sometimes be same day. Some banks run 2 batches of SEPA wires inside the same day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

I'm PTSB I transferred it at 2pm yesterday and it still isn't in the BOI account so maybe tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Meglamonia wrote: »
    I'm PTSB I transferred it at 2pm yesterday and it still isn't in the BOI account so maybe tomorrow.

Unless it's a loan, mortgage or Visa account, it should have hit by now. If it isn't there in the morning, give the sending bank a call.

Meglamonia wrote: »

It will be in tomorrow. Maybe even hit your account late tonight if you're lucky.

Advertisement