Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bimeda Cosecure Bolus

Options
  • 10-11-2015 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Does anyone know who makes the glass powder that is used by Bimeda to manufacture their glass bolus? If so do you also know if it is safe and id it on a feed annex?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

As it is authorised as a veterinary medicine all of the ingredients would be considered to be safe for use in food producing animals.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

http://www.bimeda.ie/ju-directory/2-bimeda-global-facilities/17-denbigh-wales

Looks like they make it themselves. Are you doing research? PM if you prefer.

Did a bit of googling and came up with this
    koh and judson 1987

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KeleGal

Hi yes I'm doing research on the types of boluses available on the market, at the minute Cosecure glass bolus seems to be the best considering they manufacture the UK’s only POM-VPS registered bolus. I'm having difficulty obtaining information about, I've got information from their patents from 1960-1990 but nothing recent :/ Im sure they have modifed their boluses recently due to changing regulations in animal feed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭Grueller

Havent a clue what's in the powder but I know I had a pining heifer there during the summer and had dosed, fed minerals, blood tested the whole nine yards and no improvement. Fired two of these into her and she turned inside out even though the blood tests showed nothing lacking. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

KeleGal wrote: »
    Hi yes I'm doing research on the types of boluses available on the market, at the minute Cosecure glass bolus seems to be the best considering they manufacture the UK’s only POM-VPS registered bolus. I'm having difficulty obtaining information about, I've got information from their patents from 1960-1990 but nothing recent :/ Im sure they have modifed their boluses recently due to changing regulations in animal feed etc.

are they POM? I can only see LM on the data sheets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

ganmo wrote: »
    are they POM? I can only see LM on the data sheets.

They're POM-VPS in the UK; Vet doesn't have to see the animal to prescribe it and doesn't need to clear the prescription. Over the counter basically but with a bit more info- once you appear competent of administering it without killing yourself or the animal :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Kovu wrote: »
    They're POM-VPS in the UK; Vet doesn't have to see the animal to prescribe it and doesn't need to clear the prescription. Over the counter basically but with a bit more info- once you appear competent of administering it without killing yourself or the animal :pac::D

if they're only mineral boluses I don't understand why they need a prescription.

Advertisement