Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod touch frozen after fall.

• 10-11-2015 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

My godchild dropped her iPod touch, and now it's frozen.
    Tried the usual holding the sleep and home button dealy, but that didn't work.
    Tried same while connected to iTunes, but iTunes wants the pass code, and naturally enough she can't put that in because the thing is frozen.

She got as far as restoring it, but gets an error saying something like 'check your network settings', and a couple of other things that I can't remember because were were on the phone.
    I had her check that her internet was working by doing a ping test, so that wasn't the problem.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

So it's not frozen any more?

If so - let it drain fully and recharge it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It's still frozen.
    I have it here with me now, and have tried various suggestions from around the net. None have worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Terry wrote: »
    It's still frozen.
    I have it here with me now, and have tried various suggestions from around the net. None have worked.

Dislodged cable inside?

“Roll it back”

Advertisement