Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essential 360 games

Options
  • 10-11-2015 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm holding off on getting a next gen console due to poor internet in my area, so I am buying games that were good at there time but are now floating around cheap. For example picking up far cry 3 and red dead redemption for less than €15 each on amazon.

could people give their choices here for what they think are essential single player games for the xbox 360 (online not an option)

I have the arkham and GoW series. (sorry if this has been asked already)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I loved the Mass Effect series, and Skyrim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

call of duty black opps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Gears of War 1 - 3
    Halo 3, Reach and the Remaster also don't forgot the underrated Halo Wars
    Forza 2, 3, 4
    Bioshock 1 and Infinite
    Borderlands 2 Game of the Year.
    Shadow Complex
    The Orange Box
    The Walking Dead. The ones based on the comic book Season 1 and 2
    Bayonetta
    Dead Space 2
    Assassin's Creed 2
    Burnout Paradise
    Diablo III
    Tomb Raider
    The Rockband games
    Crackdown

That list there should keep you going for a long time. Some of the best games over the last few years right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Don't forget you can play a lot of xbox original games on the 360. Ok, graphics might be dated but tbh you can't get a better game (IMHO) than Star Wars: KOTOR.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pick up the XBL compilation in your local Gamestop for a fiver, and play tons of Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2.
    Project Gotham 4 is still a cracking title.
    Goldeneye 007: Reloaded is great fun.
    If you are willing to go back in time, I would repeat the Knights of the Old Republic is incredible stuff, and I have a soft spot for Republic Commando, both of which aren't hard to find or expensive, Crimson Skies is also pretty cool.
    Left 4 Dead and it's sequel are great, even in single player.
    Bulletstorm is a scream, mad fun from start to finish.
    Test Drive Unlimited is great too, don't bother with the sequel.
    If you can, get the various Cave shooters, many are region free, Dodonpachi: Resurrection, Muchi Muchi Pork: Pink Sweets and Deathsmiles.
    Under Defeat HD is amazing too.
    Red Dead Redemption should be the first game you buy, especially if you can get the collected edition, with the DLC on disk, it's incredible.
    GTA IV and it's DLC as well as GTA V should be must haves as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not essential but games I enjoyed for various reasons.

LA Noire.
    Civilization Revolution.
    Portal 2.
    Assassins Creed Black Flag.
    Red Faction.
    Battlefield: Bad Company
    Kane and Lynch.
    Deadpool.
    Fable 1 and 2.
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    South Park and The Stick of Truth.
    The Witcher 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Thanks guys, thats a serious amount of input in a short time!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thanks guys, thats a serious amount of input in a short time!

As the question has been more than answered at this stage, I'll close this thread. Some great suggestions in there Snakeweasel, hope you enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement