Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Line Connection, new development Kildare

Options
  • 10-11-2015 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

For the last 2.5 (two and a half months) I have been trying to get a new telephone line connection into a house that I bought. The house is within a new development and after contacting Eircom initally, now Eir as we all well know - I was duly given an account number, and telephone number and date an Engineer will turn up to do the connection. On the day in question Engineer duly arrives and then informs me that the Development has not been hard wired by the Technician's. I then inform him that the telephone kiosk is over in such a position and am duly informed that the connections to each of the properties is not done by the Sub contractor KN Network. I then write to Eir Cunsumer Services, at Telephone HQ, Marlborough Street - 4 weeks ago! No response.

Could someone in Eir please advise when will the development be connected as I am amazed that after all the rebranding cost that you are losing new Customer's or maybe its a case you don't want any new Custom.

I would appreciate a response from anyone in Eir, I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you 
    K_C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hello K_c73

When works of this nature (new pole, new premises and no existing cabling) are required the timeframe for installation can unfortunately run up to six months.

Ultimately updates will need to be passed on from eir networks but if you would like to PM me your order number I will be happy to see if I can see any further information on this.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 12 k_c73

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hello K_c73

When works of this nature (new pole, new premises and no existing cabling) are required the timeframe for installation can unfortunately run up to six months.

Ultimately updates will need to be passed on from eir networks but if you would like to PM me your order number I will be happy to see if I can see any further information on this.

Thanks
    Al

Alan,

Thank you for your response but to advise the Developer has done 90% of the work for Eir and its not in a complete remote location, the Eir Kiosk is also in place all that remains to be done is for the remaining cabling to be connected to each of the properties. I will PM you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

k_c73 wrote: »
    eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hello K_c73

Thanks
    Al

Alan,

Thank you for your response but to advise the Developer has done 90% of the work for Eir and its not in a complete remote location, the Eir Kiosk is also in place all that remains to be done is for the remaining cabling to be connected to each of the properties. I will PM you.
    Hi k_c73

Thanks for your PM however I will need your eir order number to look in to this further. I cannot advise on general eir infrastructural works but I can look in to an order for eir services for more information and clarity.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement