Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Name Help Please

Options
  • 10-11-2015 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,

Over the past 12 months I have been developing a business service as a self employed individual.
    I'm glad to say that It has worked out well and I want to formalize things and scale it up somewhat.

In sum, the business involves providing business plan writing services, writing investment proposal prospectuses, and in general helping clients with their applications to banks, VC's and enterprise offices.

80% of my work has been traditional "business plan" writing.

To date I have received most of my work through classifieds advertising Donedeal etc, and through networking.

But I want to spread my net now. So I need to get a website built and SEO will be an important element of finding the right type of clients.

This leads me to needing a suitable business / trading name. To be honest I am not very creative in this area. I know that there are some geniuses out there who are experts when it comes to this type of thing, headline writers for example, but I am crap!

Does anybody have any "top of their head" ideas for a business name that could be used for the business, and that might then suitable for the web domain ?

The most obvious one, businessplan.ie is gone.

Thanks in advance!

Mark
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭shaunn

helpingyoubusinesswise.ie (albeit, it does seem a bit too long), businesshelp.ie, BusinessSupport.ie.

Not the best I will admit, but at least there's some ideas.

Yours,
    Shaun

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭odeamarcas

Cheers Shaun

No bother odeamarcas. Best of luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Business plan man. You could be like a super hero coming in and saving people's business plans!

jimmii wrote: »
    Business plan man. You could be like a super hero coming in and saving people's business plans!

Ha,ha, gave me a good laugh at least, thebusinessplanman.ie, you'd never know! Always wanted to be somebody's hero.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Compuglobalhypermeganet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

bizzwhizz.ie

odeamarcas wrote: »
    Ha,ha, gave me a good laugh at least, thebusinessplanman.ie, you'd never know! Always wanted to be somebody's hero.

It would be a bit fun to show you have a bit of character and it would also be that bit more memorable than the likely identikit rivals who I imagine all just say hi I write the best business plans please email me.

Could be ambitious and go for Ernst & Touche :pac:

Jimmi's idea might just work because you have that organic google search working for you straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

BusinessPlanIt

• Advertisement

Jimmi's idea has grown on me over night, I like the simplicity, humour, frankness of the name, but I'm just concerned that it might project me or the business as a bit "frivolous". Do you think I'm over thinking it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

it does not have to be all one word for a start. There is a touch of the whitevanman about it alright but the "business plan" bit is spot on. perhaps "Your business plan" or "business plan scribe" or "professional business plans"

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭SeanSouth

business plan pro
    business plan prospects

Thanks Sean South, I like the Business Plan Pro one. Jimmii's name is catchy and fun, but I think I do have to try to remain somewhat "white collar" with the name.

Your Business Plan from Pedro does work also, yourbusinessplan.ie might work perfect and sound less grandiose than calling myself a pro...?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

pedronomix wrote: »
    it does not have to be all one word for a start. There is a touch of the whitevanman about it alright but the "business plan" bit is spot on. perhaps "Your business plan" or "business plan scribe" or "professional business plans"

Asking this as a question as I have no idea how it works but El Rife made a ref to organic google traffic - does it matter what order the words are in?

E.G - Your business plan V Plan your business - as I would be more likely to google "Plan your business" than "Your business plan"

Asking this as a question as I have no idea how it works but El Rife made a ref to organic google traffic - does it matter what order the words are in?

E.G - Your business plan V Plan your business - as I would be more likely to google "Plan your business" than "Your business plan"

His service is writing "Business Plans" !

It matters a lot. For example a company I have is called Distribute Your Product. Its almost an ignorant name but it works well because it picks up organic searches for searches like Distribute A Product without a dime spent on SEO etc.
    However search product distribution and you won't find it anywhere in sight

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

www.irishbusinessplans.ie & www.irishbusinessplan.ie are both available

I prefer the first one with the plural as it sounds like there's more going on etc

Thanks for all the advice and ideas lads. I'm sitting here looking at the CRO form and about to commit to one of the names, i'm debating between; mybusinessplan, yourbusinessplan, irishbusinessplans, with a .ie domain.

On another side note, does anybody know if the CRO are still sticky about registering a business name with the .ie included as part of the trading or business name?

• Advertisement

Forget the .ie and use the words in the name separately for CRO!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Business Starter
    Startup Consultants
    First Business Services

Then you add your slogan to whatever you choose "For all your business planning and start-up needs". Maybe a super hero logo :p

PM on way.

Thanks, I'm playing around with ideas for the website, so I'll check your portfolio and maybe come back.

Yesterday I registered mybusinessplan.ie, thanks for all the advice & suggestions guys.

Yesterday I registered mybusinessplan.ie, thanks for all the advice & suggestions guys.

Good luck!

Excellent, wish you the best of luck with your business! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dawn1000

planyourbusiness.ie

Advertisement