Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Lounge Ban

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP as this isn't DRP related.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭NI24

It's not?! I'm trying to get the ban lifted, so where do I go from here exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

NI24 wrote: »
    It's not?! I'm trying to get the ban lifted, so where do I go from here exactly?

You weren't banned. You were asked not to post in that single thread again, as you did not accept that other posters had opposing opinions.
    As I mentioned to you in a pm and as mentioned on thread, if you have a problem with a post or a poster, you should report the post.

You weren't banned. You were asked not to post in that single thread again, as you did not accept that other posters had opposing opinions.
    As I mentioned to you in a pm and as mentioned on thread, if you have a problem with a post or a poster, you should report the post.

Yes I did accept that posters had opposing opinions, what I didn't accept was antagonism and cattiness which is only allowed when the moderators happen to agree with it (so it gets ignored and the responsibility of modding becomes mine), and when posters don't like outsider opinions and it's easier pat each other on the back with dishonest debating like strawmen and hyperbole rather than actual logic. I'm opposing the ban, the disallowment, whatever way it's worded I don't know.

According to site rules, if you oppose a mod decision and the moderator upholds their decision then the next step is the DRP thread. If that's not the place to go, then I would like to know where it is, and I really don't know why I'm not getting any straight answers. What exactly is the proper procedure, if any?

I resent the implication that my modding is biased. I don't know how you could infer that I agree with one side of the argument, when I only posted 2 posts in that thread which weren't warnings, and those were about word definition.

Also, your implication that modding responsibility was left to you is false. I don't know if you are aware, but moderators on here are volunteers. I have a full time job outside of this site. That thread was 13 pages long, you cannot expect mods to read every post in every thread. That is why there is the "report post" function. You, and all other posters on that thread were reminded of that function in my warning on thread, plus you were reminded of it in a pm, and on this thread. Despite this, you only reported one post in that thread, which was, in fact, dealt with by me (the poster in question was sitebanned as a re-reg). No-one else on the forum reported any posts on that thread for containing personal insults.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

According to site rules, if you oppose a mod decision and the moderator upholds their decision then the next step is the DRP thread. If that's not the place to go, then I would like to know where it is, and I really don't know why I'm not getting any straight answers. What exactly is the proper procedure, if any?
    DRP is for cards (yellow or red) or bans only. First step there is to contact the relevant mod. For any other dispute again the first step is to attempt to resolve it directly with the relevant mod(s). If you cannot reach such an agreement, the next step is to try to resolve it with a Category Mod. If you cannot reach agreement with the CMod, then start a thread in Help Desk (which is where this thread was moved).

After the OP, posts in Help Desk are premoderated, which means there will be a delay before a post becomes visible. Theoretically anyone can contribute to such a thread, but the pre-moderation allows the local mods to ensure the thread remains on topic. Ultimately this is the forum where an Admin can, if they see fit, bring an issue to a conclusion and determine one way or other how such a dispute should be resolved

I'm not prepared to let the OP post again in that thread. It was disrupting the flow of discussion.
    The OP can contact one of my fellow Ladies Lounge Mods to discuss this: Lucyfur, MarsBar, or Amirani
    Or if this is unsatisfactory, they can contact the CatMods: Bluewolf, mike.ie, Scofflaw, or Taltos.

Beasty wrote: »
    DRP is for cards (yellow or red) or bans only. First step there is to contact the relevant mod. For any other dispute again the first step is to attempt to resolve it directly with the relevant mod(s). If you cannot reach such an agreement, the next step is to try to resolve it with a Category Mod. If you cannot reach agreement with the CMod, then start a thread in Help Desk (which is where this thread was moved).

After the OP, posts in Help Desk are premoderated, which means there will be a delay before a post becomes visible. Theoretically anyone can contribute to such a thread, but the pre-moderation allows the local mods to ensure the thread remains on topic. Ultimately this is the forum where an Admin can, if they see fit, bring an issue to a conclusion and determine one way or other how such a dispute should be resolved

OK thanks. I was prepared to go to a CMod but Ivy told me to take it to DRP which is what I did.
    I'm not prepared to let the OP post again in that thread.

Yes, you made that perfectly clear which is why I was going to go to a CMod but you advised me to take it to DRP, for what reason I don't know.

OK thanks. I was prepared to go to a CMod but Ivy told me to take it to DRP which is what I did.

Yes, you made that perfectly clear which is why I was going to go to a CMod but you advised me to take it to DRP, for what reason I don't know.
    I'm sorry, that was my mistake. I've been modding since January but I never had a dispute over a ban/warning/whatever, before.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OK - I've been engaged via PM didn't spot this thread until now.

Have already replied to NI24, thanks for the details.

Summary of PM:
    Thread ban supported.
    Suggested to get a feel for the forum, adjust posting style and report those posts that are rule breaches. Don't respond to posts you feel are attacking you.

Once proven as a valued constructive contributor the mods may be open to lifting the thread ban but that will be their call.

Cheers
    Taltos

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement