Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep of Ireland (1) vs Bosnia (1), Euro qualifier playoff 2nd leg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

jamesbere wrote: »
    Actually if a train was on fire it wouldn't start

Technically it probably would, it's just that no one would start it. But if it did and it was hurtling down the grass in the Aviva (if trains can go on grass, of course) at the Bosnian defence, it is likely that they will get the **** out of the way and we will have an empty goal to score into, unless of course, it stops just in front of their goal in which case we are knackered. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Technically it probably would, it's just that no one would start it. But if it did and it was hurtling down the grass in the Aviva (if trains can go on grass, of course) at the Bosnian defence, it is likely that they will get the **** out of the way and we will have an empty goal to score into, unless of course, it stops just in front of their goal in which case we are knackered. :pac:

Interesting view point. Anyone have a spare train.

Anyway I think we're in a good position, think we'll sneak a tense 1-0 win. Unassisted by the train

• SSN report @ lunch time had O' Neil stating that he's going to go for the win and get the team to attack from the get go. I'm glad to hear. **** sitting back for a 0-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    SSN report @ lunch time had O' Neil stating that he's going to go for the win and get the team to attack from the get go. I'm glad to hear. **** sitting back for a 0-0

Would be disappointed if the idea was anything else, an away game vs Poland is a different propostion to a home game vs Bosnia where the home fans will be absolutely mad for it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭briany

Some good news about the line-up tonight - RTE reports that Jim Beglin will partner George Hamilton in commentary once again. I, for one, hope this is accurate as I cannot f*cking stand Ronnie 'The Jinx' Whelan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I can see a cagey one nil win for the boys in green.

It would be a big disappointment if we fail to go through. The return of Walters and the possibility of springing Long off the bench is a decent boost.

I wouldn't start O'Shea though, Clarke and Keogh did a decent job in the first half on Friday, I'm not too sure about the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

ColeTrain wrote: »
    I wouldn't start O'Shea though, Clarke and Keogh did a decent job in the first half on Friday, I'm not too sure about the second half.

That's because no one could see what was going on :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

jones wrote: »
    That's because no one could see what was going on :pac:

Did you figure that out on your own, Dectective Jones :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Delighted with what the team done in the away leg,Bosnia looked poor at times and with Dzeko not 100% we are in the driving seat.Id be slightly confident of us clear winning this tonight but will glady take 0-0 boring as ya get draw.

Dont forget we beat the World cup Holders on that pitch,Ill say to you all who the **** is Bosnia Herzegovina.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Hope Wilson comes in for Ward. Bosnia kept targeting the left side during the first leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

For anyone who wants another reason why we're going to France: http://www.newstalk.com/The-history-books-favour-Ireland-tonight-ahead-of-the-Euro-2016-play-off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

CMON IRELAND!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

We did only concede 2 goals at home in the 5 qualifiers which is pretty promising.

Banjaxed82 wrote: »

Dozy git got Slovakia and Slovenia mixed up at the end of the article.

ronjo wrote: »
    We did only concede 2 goals at home in the 5 qualifiers which is pretty promising.

And never more than 1 in any home game.

Plus, we've scored in every home game too.

And never more than 1 any home game.

What could possibly go wrong? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭navigator

c'mon you boys in green!
    I'll be watching on tv (here in Genoa, Italy) but my heart is in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Woooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

What a feeeeeeeelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayin

We've got Glenn Whelan

Lionely Richie - "Dancing On The Ceiling" tune

this will be going full throttle tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Can't ****in wait. How much are pints in the Aviva?

2-1 Ireland would be the dream but I'll take a 0-0 happily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

2-1 Ireland would be the dream but I'll take a 0-0 happily.

They're free.
    Alcohol free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

€6. You can only buy a pint if you're in the Premium Section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

And never more than 1 in any home game.

Because anecdotal arguments always matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

if Bosnia are as bad as they were on Friday night, then Ireland have nothing to worry about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

navigator wrote: »
    c'mon you boys in green!
    I'll be watching on tv (here in Genoa, Italy) but my heart is in Dublin

Il be watching in Malaga and keeping me heart here two. Ya need dat yoke to pump de blood!

thelad95 wrote: »
    Because anecdotal arguments always matter.

When you play Scotland, Poland & Germany at home, concede no more than one goal in each match, while also scoring in each too, I think that's something to have confidence in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Nalz wrote: »
    Woooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

What a feeeeeeeelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayin

We've got Glenn Whelan

Lionely Richie - "Dancing On The Ceiling" tune

this will be going full throttle tonight :)

And when Shane Long scores :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I can see this going to extra time and then it's a lottery in extra time. Hopefully avoid penalty's coz I think we'd lose them.

I can't see us keep a clean sheet - I think they'll get more chances than they did on Friday night

If they score first though, we're in a lot of trouble. We'll find it hard to create good chances with them needing a goal - we'll find it very very hard if they have a lead to protect while knowing that them getting a second would almost definitely finish us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

An injury time winner from Whelan will seal it, mark my words..or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ireland to win 1-0 with the goal coming in the 87th minute from a pen after Robbie Keane dived with no contact and every Irish fan going we deserved that because France cheated 6 years ago this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭eire4

fryup wrote: »
    if Bosnia are as bad as they were on Friday night, then Ireland have nothing to worry about

True but equally it is hard to imagine they will be as poor in the final third as they were Friday night. This tie really is still a complete toss up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I can see this being a 2-2 draw. Neither team is decent enough to beat the other.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Today is a completely different game. Bosnia are gonna come at us. At the end of the day, regardless of what we do, they need to score a goal.

It is going to be very, very edgy. Nerves are building!

The first goal is always important but given we don't score that many getting the first goal will be decisive I think tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

1-0 Walters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Walters for Murphy the only non injury enforced change I'd make. Wouldnt risk O'Shea fro the start and Clarke and Keogh did well on Friday.

Hope its a 0-0 with the ball never leaving the centre circle. :D
    C'mon Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

3-1 Ireland.

We go 2-0 up after 60 minutes, Bosnia get one back in 80th minute to give nervy last ten minutes. Shane Long scores a breakaway goal in 87th minute to send the crowd into raptures once more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

I think Walter will come in for Henderick and WIlson for Ward. Ward offers more going forward but hes such a liability at left back it doesn't balance out.

Randolph
    Coleman Keogh Clarke Wilson
    Walter Mccarthy Whelan Brady
    Hoolahan
    Murphy

We`d also have serious options on the bench with O`Shea to come on if we needed to hang on to an advantage (either a scored draw or a winning position) Long, Keane and McGeady there too to make an impact.

kksaints wrote: »
    Walters for Murphy the only non injury enforced change I'd make. Wouldnt risk O'Shea fro the start and Clarke and Keogh did well on Friday.

Hope its a 0-0 with the ball never leaving the centre circle. :D
    C'mon Ireland!

I would start Wilson at left back over Ward personally. The left side was where we had most problems Friday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm really, really nervous about this game. I don't think Bosnia should be written off just yet. They looked nervous on Friday but tonight the nerves should be lessened because their job is straightforward - attack. And they have plenty of quality attacking players that can trouble us.

I feel there will be a few twists and turns and some nail-biting moments. I find it hard to believe we will win this one in comfortable fashion. We don't usually score a lot of goals in competitive matches. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to extra-time actually.

I just hope we can get there. My heart says we will; my head says Bosnia will be party-poopers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When is the team out? 6.45?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ireland v Bosnia Randolph Coleman Keogh Clark Brady Whelan McCarthy Hendrick Hoolahan Walters Murphy

https://twitter.com/Corktod/status/666323357533646848

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

All we need to do is ping some decent diagonals into big Jon and we'll be laughing.

Why is Murphy starting again? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Not going defensive but playing Brady left full and playing either Walters or Hendrick horrendously out of position. Now my confidence is gone. We need a 0-0 here. I don't see how we control the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

kfallon wrote: »
    Why is Murphy starting again? :(
    Because he is big,strong & suits MON's hoofball tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,945 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2-0 bosnia

biggest anti climax in irish soccer history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Uh-oh, Brady at left-back again. We were dodgy down that side on Friday and I would have thought Wilson would have been a more reliable option.

Brady has been exposed there on a few occasions.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Because he is big,strong & suits MON's hoofball tactics.

And never looks like scoring!

Hopefully he does tonight and I have to eat humble pie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Disappointed with that team. Brady has played all his best games on the left wing. Think we're weaker in two positions by having him at left back. Wanted a holding midfield two of McCarthy and Hendrick but that was never going to happen realistically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Brady at left back?

Wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Brady at left back......their right winger is going to be left free at least 3 or 4 times. Would have put Wilson there but he's also a bit of a headcase and liable to be booked quite easily.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement