Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep of Ireland (1) vs Bosnia (1), Euro qualifier playoff 2nd leg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

kfallon wrote: »
    Why is Murphy starting again? :(

I thought he did ok on Friday... From what I saw... ;)

Brady at LB is suicide imo. He was abysmal against Poland in that position and it cost us dearly.

Why play him out of position when a natural LB in Wilson is on the bench?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

He's surely not going back to that horrendous flat three in centre midfield?

Ie.

Walters--Hendrick--Whelan--McCarthy--Hoolahan.

It was a disaster against the Scottish at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Jesus lads calm down. Brady is grand at left back. This is Bosnia we are playing not Brazil. I think this team can win this no need for the constant negativity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No pace or anybody that can run with the ball in the front 6. The two full backs are going to be key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone know if Long is on the bench or who is on the bench?
    Don't like the starting 11. No pace and only invites the Bosnians on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭briany

Getting to be that time.

noel-4.gif

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Brady is wasted at lb, needs to be further forward to have an impact on the game. MON going for the nil all.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Brady is wasted at lb, needs to be further forward to have an impact on the game. MON going for the nil all.

Indeed and that's madness.
    It's as if we are playing away again.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭LordAwesome

O'Neill fecking with a winning (drawing) formula again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,852 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Uh-oh, Brady at left-back again. We were dodgy down that side on Friday and I would have thought Wilson would have been a more reliable option.

Brady has been exposed there on a few occasions.

Agreed. They had a good deal of success against us by exposing Ward who had a poor game and Brady though the hero on the night was hardly effective when it came to backing him up. Ward has rightly been dropped but I'm not a fan of Brady at left back. I'm sure Walters will give him a better dig out then Brady gave Ward but to me Wilson would have been the obvious choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Surely Wilson is injured?

That's the only reason I can think of for putting Brady at LB.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭LordAwesome

obezyana wrote: »
    Jesus lads calm down. Brady is grand at left back. This is Bosnia we are playing not Brazil. I think this team can win this no need for the constant negativity.

Brazil got hammered 7-1 by ze Germans. We beat them. We > Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

No John O'Shea - I guess the 2 lads deserve to keep their place since the last day

Nib wrote: »
    Surely Wilson is injured?

That's the only reason I can think of for putting Brady at LB.

That's why I wanted to know who's on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The full teamsheets (with subs) via The Guardian:
    The teamsheets

Republic of Ireland: Randolph, Coleman, Keogh, Clark, Brady, Hendrick, Whelan, McCarthy, Hoolahan, Murphy, Walters.
    Subs: Forde, Wilson, O’Shea, McGeady, Long, Keane, McClean, Christie, Ward, Gibson, Arter, Henderson.

Bosnia-Herzegovina: Begovic, Vranjes, Zukanovic, Spahic, Kolasinac, Medunjanin, Cocalic, Visca, Pjanic, Lulic, Dzeko.
    Subs: Sehic, Bicakcic, Besic, Ibisevic, Hodzic, Susic, Sunjic, Djuric, Hajrovic, Hadzic, Salihovic, Buric.

Referee: Bjorn Kuipers (Holland).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Can someone please explain to me at what stage of his career did Hoolohan become the most creative player in the world.

Dunphy's talk of him is once again OTT.

Wilson might have a niggle.
    We have a strong bench and that could swing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Maybe its the nerves kicking in with people on here...but the giving out of Brady at LB is nuts...yes its not ideal but its not like its the end of the world. We are at home against a poor team...right we are an average team ourselves but we can get through this with this team. No need to get yer knickers in a twist. Lets have a rocking Aviva and attacking football...the rest will fall into place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

murpho999 wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to me at what stage of his career did Hoolohan become the most creative player in the world.

I think it was ever since Andy Reid retired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Has Christie ever played left back or Coleman for that matter so we could get both of them on the pitch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

How on earth is McGeady and McClean not starting in this game. Badly lack pace in the team.

O'Neill is unlikeable in interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Patches O'Hoolahan must be Dunphys son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

murpho999 wrote: »

And this is why I tune in to the broadcast about 20 to 8

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Much rather see Brady in Midfield, where he could hurt the opposition.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

I think it was ever since Andy Reid retired

And before that it was Alan Quinn. Or Stephen Quinn. Very very special player according to Dunphy. Whichever it was.

I have such little interest in the opinion of those old men. O'Herlihy was the heart of that panel. This zombie panel is really not appropriate or wanted anymore. They really do their best to kill my excitement for the national team with their negativity, basically the opposite of what Bill did. The beautiful bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

They will defend until 80 then go for that goal as confirmed by begovic.

Another nervy night.

And this is why I tune in to the broadcast about 20 to 8

Mention of tackle on overmars - check
    Hoolihan worship - check
    Moral courage - check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Hope that young lad gets minced in his Opel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭briany

Yillan wrote: »
    And before that it was Alan Quinn. Or Stephen Quinn. Very very special player according to Dunphy. Whichever it was.

I have such little interest in the opinion of those old men. O'Herlihy was the heart of that panel. This zombie panel is really not appropriate or wanted anymore. They really do their best to kill my excitement for the national team with their negativity, basically the opposite of what Bill did. The beautiful bastard.

I know the panel get bashed a lot, but they're ready to praise the team when they do something well. It's also their job to criticise the team. Bill had no particular responsibility there as his job description was one of mediator.

They are old, they are out of touch, but they're kept on they're because they offer entertainment value to the people. It's TV.....baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,852 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Gringo180 wrote: »
    How on earth is McGeady and McClean not starting in this game. Badly lack pace in the team.

McGeady isn't even making the bench for Evrton. While he has pace his end product is crappy. McClean is a good player all be one who seems not to be in possession of a fully functioning brain ie. He is a headcase. I'd worry about starting McClean as I don't know if he can be trusted as regards his temperament in this sort of game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Hope that young lad gets minced in his Opel

Is that a euphemism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sadlier subbed off for Giles I see.

Brady's analysis is so generic its unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Would have rathered a few options with pace and trickery for Hoolihan to find. Walters central with Brady and Hendrick either side of Wes I think would have been ideal. An option for later in the game at any rate perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Would of liked Brady left mid, maybe Christie RB and Coleman LB.

At least Ward isn't playing.

COYBIG!

I think I'm ready for the era of Richie & Kenny to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

strongest irish bench in recent memory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Martin O'Neill's pre /post match interviews on RTE do be gas. He fookin hates Tony O'Donoghue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Funny watching Robbie getting thick with the Bosnian lad

I think I'm ready for the era of Richie & Kenny to be honest.

I think Richie is a know-it-all and Kenny scares me. lets just go with ossie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ossie and Brian Kerr

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Martin O'Neill's pre /post match interviews on RTE do be gas. He fookin hates Tony O'Donoghue

And ironically Tony panders to him in a way he never did with trap

Just Ossie though, no darragh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Just when you thought that Eir ad had fcuked off forever, it's back with a Christmas version.

Argghhhhh!!!

• Advertisement

Am I the only one to watch the game with the sound turned off because of the crappy commentators?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

They trot out some of their go to responses to certain things I thought the panel were spot on in their analysis.

Nib wrote: »
    Just when you thought that Eir ad had fcuked off forever, it's back with a Christmas version.

Argghhhhh!!!

I overheard it from the other room & thought someone had made a parody ad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

And ironically Tony panders to him in a way he never did with trap

He didn't in the beginning though. He does now because O'Neill was ready for him and smacked him down early days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Anyone else having problems with RTE Player? Not loading at all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement