Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep of Ireland (1) vs Bosnia (1), Euro qualifier playoff 2nd leg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

martyos121 wrote: »
    "Come on Keano" was what I heard repeatedly.

Disgraceful.

As is those blaming the Bosnians

• Brady **** sake poor delivery again

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭LordAwesome

It was not the Bosnians, they were clearing Irish shouting "Olé"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Agh, Ronnie commentating. Much prefer Beglin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Always prefer the minutes applause, it drowns out the fúcking idiots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I suspect the person disrupting the minutes silence was Bosnian and doesn't represent Bosnia, but it is a predominately Muslim country, maybe a sympathiser towards the wrong people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Terrible that from Brady.

Criminal. Had a few the last day that were terrible too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

As is those blaming the Bosnians

We're no angels, it's time people realised that. The trouble some Irish cause out abroad is far too often ignored. Now it's happening in our turf and the blame is still being deflected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm trying to get focused on the game again but that carry on has really pissed me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

What a crowd of cnuts in the stadium. Absolutes ashamed to call them Irish.

How do you know it was the Irish? From what I heard, it sounded like the Bosnians but I dunno. Anyway, **** them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

RobertKK wrote: »
    I suspect the person disrupting the minutes silence was Bosnian and doesn't represent Bosnia, but it is a predominately Muslim country, maybe a sympathiser towards the wrong people.

I actually find them bad ideas at football games and done far too often. Lost it's meaning and effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Talking during the minutes silence won't bring the victims back. Steady on folks.

Sure we had a good silence on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

JPA wrote: »
    The Bosnian fans are Muslim, some idiots amongst them obviously.
    It was mainly the Bosnians making noise. Few Irish fans then telling them to shut up.

Ya had to be the Bosnian us Irish would never have idiots that would do that:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

jive wrote: »
    That's why it should be a minutes applause. There's always clowns and I mean always.

In fairness they are usually never distrupted like that, I can't remember anything that bar before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

That's why it should be a minutes applause. There's always clowns and I mean always.

A minutes applause is not appropriate in these circumstances.It's fine for someone who died at a good age of natural causes but not for people being murdered by terrorists.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    How do you know it was the Irish? From what I heard, it sounded like the Bosnians but I dunno. Anyway, **** them.

Unless Bosnia also have someone called "Keano" on their team, it was our lot.

Rewind it and you'll clearly hear what was said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,428 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Martin O'Neill's pre /post match interviews on RTE do be gas. He fookin hates Tony O'Donoghue

20sg102.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Most of the journalists on twitter are saying the noises came from the Bosnian end but then you'll always get a few idiots who feel that that is carte blanche to shout something themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Incredible atmosphere from the Bosnian fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Thing minutes applause doesn't really fit the commemoration for an atrocity at all. Fine for a deceased sportsman or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Some Bosnians shouting alright but I would imagine that those shouting "come on keano" were not Bosnian. Anyway, good start to the game. In control so far.

A minute's applause is fine for celebrating a deceased player. For a solemn reflection on the massacre of 129 people? No way.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

corny wrote: »
    Talking during the minutes silence won't bring the victims back. Steady on folks.

I've some French friends living in Ireland that will be watching this. I immediately thought of them when that happened.

I'd be pretty upset if the same happened abroad after a load of people were killed in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Could be someone with mental issues who knows.

Sounded like one lad so lets not blow it out of proportion.

So you know it was a Bosnians as you know what they sound like please educate us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nice bit of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Great move and great ball in

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

James McCarthy started all of that. Fantastic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

We're no angels, it's time people realised that. The trouble some Irish cause out abroad is far too often ignored. Now it's happening in our turf and the blame is still being deflected.

Jumping the gun just a bit there chief. Unless you're in the crowd how could you know the specifics.

• Advertisement

• Great move come onnnnn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Fcuk you ref.

Ah, The Irish Aspas.

Worst corner ever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Nice bit of football.

It was. Didn't last very long though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

This is the sort of thing I expected from McCarthy more often

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

So you know it was a Bosnians as you know what they sound like please educate us

English journalists on twitter have said the noises started coming from the Bosnian fans. There may have been other shouting after that coming from elsewhere.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Should have been allowed to re-take that corner, could have been costly down the other end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

A minutes applause is not appropriate in these circumstances.It's fine for someone who died at a good age of natural causes but not for people being murdered by terrorists.

Beats having the morons having their moment in the sun. It's a mark of respect regardless of whether it's silence (clearly not an option) or applause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Poor from Hoolihan there.

Roy ready to kill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Richard Keogh starting off where he left off on Friday. He's been excellent since coming into the Irish set up. Under valued.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Not very sporty the bosnians and their fans

I feel like we going to get sucker punched :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Pitch looks poor on the near touchline where they buried Stephen Ireland's gran.

That was a bit nervy there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This one's not going to be a 0-0.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Under the cosh big time

English journalists on twitter have said the noises started coming from the Bosnian fans. There may have been other shouting after that coming from elsewhere.

I am not saying it was not the Bosnians however there were some on here who went yep was the Bosnians. There were certainly Irish shouting also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Don't like Hoolahan and Brady on the left defensively.

Brady playing well so far. Corners have been poor so far.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement