Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep of Ireland (1) vs Bosnia (1), Euro qualifier playoff 2nd leg

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

euro16ft4.png

Hungary are definitely the team everyone wants from pot 3, they're a fairly awful side. No weak link in pot 1, from pot 2 will want to be avoiding the Italians. Croatia or Ukraine the pick of the bunch there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I know Randolph is a goalkeeper but he's not a young player, he's approaching his prime and he's a backup keeper for West Ham. I hope he forces a move to first team football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Couple of months back, qualification was a pipe dream. The last few games have been un-fu*king-real.

It still feels surreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm Welsh and all my buddy's here were telling me they'd all follow us if ireland didn't make it .

Well now you can all go f@ck off and follow martin and Roy's green army .

Won't somebody light a candle for Scotland tho ��

Go on you boys in green and red !!!!!!!! ( not at same time )

Chris Coleman revealed he gave Martin O'Neill some info on Bosnia since they were in your group, so cheers for the assistance. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Delighted for Glenn whelan he gets a ridiculous amount of abuse. Showed his worth over the two legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Couple of months back, qualification was a pipe dream. The last few games have been un-fu*king-real.

It still feels surreal.

Fair play to Scotland. How they fudged it up I will never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

True tbf. Although we resembled eleven crabs on the field with Trap at times. No ambition to attack whatsover. Dont get me wrong we're not exactly the Harlem globetrotters under MON but we play with some hint of abandon at times.

There is no way for example we would be beating Germany with Trap in charge

With him in charge we ship 6 or 7. Trap was fairly derisory of our talent and constantly mounted of a defence of "the players are rubbish. What can I do? You arent Germany."

O Neill plays negative football but atleast he knows you have to attack occassionally to win games. He's also willing to try new faces which is something trap never did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

CT9vc6mW4AE6vLu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

edgecutter wrote: »
    Fair play to Scotland. How they fudged it up I will never know.

Sure they even bottled independence.... braveheart me bo?ix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Haha Coleman calling O Shea Josh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

awec wrote: »
    euro16ft4.png

Hungary are definitely the team everyone wants from pot 3, they're a fairly awful side. No weak link in pot 1, from pot 2 will want to be avoiding the Italians. Croatia or Ukraine the pick of the bunch there.

I assume we can't get Germany and/or Poland again.

Can we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭briany

Few more Scottish lads with Irish grannies to defect to the Irish team, now please. Pity the north qualified. We could have had all theirs as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Laois_Man wrote: »

Can we?

yes

Dempsey wrote: »
    I know Randolph is a goalkeeper but he's not a young player, he's approaching his prime and he's a backup keeper for West Ham. I hope he forces a move to first team football

It's not dire straits.

At 28, Peter Schmeichel was at Brondby.

Not saying he's going to follow the same path but as a goalie you can still have a good, long career ahead at 28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Great atmosphere by the 12th man. All round he stadium was hoping. Glad I have attended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Keepers playing till 37 or 38 is common. They have longer careers than anywhere else on the pitch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

awec wrote: »
    euro16ft4.png

England, Austria, Hungary, Ireland

Laois_Man wrote: »

Can we?

we can

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

With it being a Monday night the players will surely get to go out for a few well deserved drinks aswell.

Delighted for Glenn whelan he gets a ridiculous amount of abuse. Showed his worth over the two legs.

It would still be great to find someone new for that position. Someone way better who would also help McCarthy shine like Gareth Barry and Ross Barkley do at Everton. It's no coincidence that McCarthy was superb against Germany without Whelan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Peist2007 wrote: »

Portugal, Switzerland and Hungary wouldn't be a bad draw I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

"As long as we're not in saipan, we'll be alright" KEANE LEGEND!!!!!!!!

we can

That'd be just our luck!

Germany
    Poland
    Sweden
    Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Roy in great form.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

That_Guy wrote: »
    Portugal, Switzerland and Hungary wouldn't be a bad draw I think.

Id take England over Portugal

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Haha Keano "As long as we're not in Saipan, we'll be alright"

It's not dire straits.

At 28, Peter Schmeichel was at Brondby.

Not saying he's going to follow the same path but as a goalie you can still have a good, long career ahead at 28

+1. Goalies can have very long careers. Look at Pat Jennings, Shay Given, Brad Friedel.

Petr Cech for example is has years left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Hero of the night goes back out and lets it all sink in.

CT9zJ89WcAQmzGE.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/ConorMcNamaraIE/status/666377901265313793

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L4sGBwrAitU

We are we are we are the frank/johnaton walters!! Wrecked after that

• Advertisement

Id take England over Portugal

Portugal minus Ronaldo are very very ordinary. They looked pish at the world cup. The US should have beaten them. But yes id agree, Portugal have one world class player, England have none

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Sing it up Lionel boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The Hero of the night goes back out and lets it all sink in.

CT9zJ89WcAQmzGE.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/ConorMcNamaraIE/status/666377901265313793

Brilliant picture.

Peist2007 wrote: »

Austria have a decent team coming. They won in Russia and have a top player in Alaba who was a handful in Vienna two year ago. Didnt they top their group?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

England/Portugal
    Swiss
    Hungary
    Ireland

Bring it on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Benteke wrote: »
    England/Portugal
    Swiss
    Hungary
    Ireland

Bring it on

I wouldnt want to be in a group with Hungary, they are plucky underdogs just like us

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Austria have a decent team coming. They won in Russia and have a top player in Alaba who was a handful in Vienna two year ago. Didnt they top their group?

I respectfully retract Austria and insert Slovakia :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Portugal minus Ronaldo are very very ordinary. They looked pish at the world cup. The US should have beaten them. But yes id agree, Portugal have one world class player, England have none

Ronaldo has been no great shakes for Real this season, and truthfully, since he won the Ballon D'Or in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Just out of the stadium now, some game. Johnny Walters you beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Dempsey wrote: »
    I wouldnt want to be in a group with Hungary, they are plucky underdogs just like us

Norn Ire and the Faroes took them to school, They're the best of a bad bunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

So 5 wins 3 draws 2 defeats 19 scored just 7 conceded (group best) and 18 points all in the group stage....... 3 scored 1 conceded in the play offs......and we are in France......not bad for an average team :) Oh and four of those point were against the world champions.......COYBIG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

CT922fWWEAAHQ31.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Whens the draw?

Ronaldo has been no great shakes for Real this season, and truthfully, since he won the Ballon D'Or in January.

Still though im not so sure we can start underestimating him just yet :P Although i do notice if there is one blemish on his seemingly perfect game it is that he tends to get frustrated when its not his night.

The more I watch Walters' 2nd goal, the more I realise it was a way tougher finish than he made it look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Considering everyone has a Darren Randolph story - my mate tried to start a fight with him and kick him out of my free gaff for robbing a can of Bavaria 10 years ago.

Toughened him up no end, obviously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Still though im not so sure we can start underestimating him just yet :P Although i do notice if there is one blemish on his seemingly perfect game it is that he tends to get frustrated when its not his night.

I can just imagine Dunphy: ".... I always knew this guy was a spoofer! ...." :pac:

The more I watch Walters' 2nd goal, the more I realise it was a way tougher finish than he made it look.

Let us not forget that ball took a deflection and he had a split second to reassess and queue up that shot. Unbelievable technique. A really great man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I reckon eamon will be dancing on the ceiling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

cjmc wrote: »
    Whens the draw?

December 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

What was people most important moment in the group.

Mcgeady's goal against Georgia
    O'Shea's against Ze Germans
    Georgia beating the Scots.

Grealish declaring for England. :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement