Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep of Ireland (1) vs Bosnia (1), Euro qualifier playoff 2nd leg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Ronaldo has been no great shakes for Real this season, and truthfully, since he won the Ballon D'Or in January.

Yes but Ireland do not do well against supreme marquee players like Ronaldo. I wouldnt want him anywhere near Keogh, Clarke or O'Shea for instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Great game, delighted to have been there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I can just imagine Dunphy: ".... I always knew this guy was a spoofer! ...." :pac:

" He's a Poof Ball Darragh! A nothing player! Never done it on the big stage. Look at him prancing around like a clown. He's not a good honest pro with conviction like Wes there."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

https://youtu.be/YjXGgYgYFi0

Joxer better get his French phrasebook!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Would be an even better occasion if Bill O'Herlihy was there! He'd have loved tonight! It's not quite the same!

billo-alf.jpg

FANTASTIC :)

Luap wrote: »
    What was people most important moment in the group.

Mcgeady's goal against Georgia
    O'Shea's against Ze Germans
    Georgia beating the Scots.

Grealish declaring for England. :pac:

Long's goal - because lets face it, none of us even contemplated beating the Germans. It changed the whole dynamic of the group for us and all but secured the play off. We probably should have tore into Poland when we had the chance but that's immaterial now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't care who we get tbh just as long as we don't wind up in a group of death like last time. (Getting Spain and Italy again is a possibility if I'm not mistaken).

I also don't want the Germans as I reckon they would be hungry for revenge.

Anybody else, bring it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

cjmc wrote: »
    Whens the draw?

Busy couple of days for UEFA, Champions league and Europa League draw on the 11th and EURO 2016 draw on the 12th

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

^^ This. Revitalised the whole campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Still surreal.

THE FU*KING EUROS!

I don't know how to celebrate in a way that won't wake the littl'un

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Considering everyone has a Darren Randolph story - my mate tried to start a fight with him and kick him out of my free gaff for robbing a can of Bavaria 10 years ago.

Toughened him up no end, obviously!
    Used to be well jealous of him 'cos a girl I fancied was mad about him and would have nothing to do with me.

I've gotten over it in the last month or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

What was people most important moment in the group.

Mcgeady's goal against Georgia
    O'Shea's against Ze Germans

Grealish declaring for England. :pac:
    Long's goal v Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Nib wrote: »
    CT922fWWEAAHQ31.jpg

God bless Michael D, great picture :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Benteke wrote: »
    Norn Ire and the Faroes took them to school, They're the best of a bad bunch

True but we arent in a position to be writing off opposition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

The exodus to France is going to be laughable. I reckon our support numbers wise will blow away anyone else, going to get planning it tomorrow! Roll on the euros! If we could blood one r two quality mid fielders between now and then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

Here's the schedule. (Some filling in to be done!). Group match times at 2, 5 or 8pm, our time.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/General/02/09/59/58/2095958_DOWNLOAD.PDF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Having not been able to watch the second half of the match, I just wanted to come in to say...

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

What a great night. France here come

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You know who I want?

France.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Portugal, Switzerland and Hungary please. Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

CT9wkKUWcAA6ZtM.jpg

Northmen Southmen comrades all........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Clough is having a few whiskeys for his boys I'd say.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Taking slight vindictive pleasure in the reactions of some Scotland fans to the result on tartanarmy. They are freaking out. Resorting to criticising our fans for not spending as long in the stadium after the game as they would have. Also, omly Coleman would get on their team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭briany

Taking slight vindictive pleasure in the reactions of some Scotland fans to the result on tartanarmy. They are freaking out. Resorting to criticising our fans for not spending as long in the stadium after the game as they would have. Also, omly Coleman would get on their team.

I can't help but have a read myself. My favorite one, and I'm sure this is said a bit tongue in cheek... -

"I hope Guinness is infested with Ebola"

:pac:

Tongue in cheek? Maybe. Sour grapes? Definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Thread Title: Good Luck Bosnia

What a bitter shower!

Serves them right for getting so cocky midway through the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Delighted for them .... bottlers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

TheCitizen wrote: »
    CT9wkKUWcAA6ZtM.jpg

Northmen Southmen comrades all........

I didnt think of any way to divide them because there is no division

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

From the Fifa website. Ireland going to fire up the rankings next month.

CURRENT POINTS 659
    POSSIBLE RANKING POINTS 810

Somewhere in the 20's.

Whelan deserves a lot of credit for bossing midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He was very good alright. I was disappointed in McCarthy though. He looked so nervous in possession. He's normally much cooler than that. He'll need to conquer those nerves if we are to keep the ball.

Anyone know if we have any new talent coming through who could make the panel for the finals? Crowley from Arsenal getting good write-ups.
    Anyone good who could declare for us seeing we're in the finals?

Does anyone have any more information about who was doing the catcalling during the minute's silence? Obviously we were so engrossed in the game we paid little thought to it afterward, but it was bad form all around.

Anyone know if we have any new talent coming through who could make the panel for the finals? Crowley from Arsenal getting good write-ups.

I'm sure there are prospects, but no matter how good they are, they probably won't make the Euros team. I don't know how to feel about that because you have balance loyalty against making the strongest team possible. Decisions, decisions...

briany wrote: »
    Does anyone have any more information about who was doing the catcalling during the minute's silence? Obviously we were so engrossed in the game we paid little thought to it afterward, but it was bad form all around.

https://twitter.com/DesKellyBTS/status/666344626605989888

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I hope nobody who decides to declare now gets a game. **** pragmatism, nobody we could possibly get would improve us enough to take the place of somebody who helped get us there.

Now if it somehow turned out that Messi could change allegiance :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Guffy

From the Fifa website. Ireland going to fire up the rankings next month.

CURRENT POINTS 659
    POSSIBLE RANKING POINTS 810

Somewhere in the 20's.

Will this have any impact on the seedings for the euros?

Are we certs for fourth or how is it worked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Whelan deserves a lot of credit for bossing midfield.

Brilliant over the two legs!! Delighted for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I hope nobody who decides to declare now gets a game. **** pragmatism, nobody we could possibly get would improve us enough to take the place of somebody who helped get us there.

Now if it somehow turned out that Messi could change allegiance :p

Grealish should be concentrating on getting his place back at Villa first anyway

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Grealish should be concentrating on getting his place back at Villa first anyway

I hope Clark gives him some ribbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

It's also nice that the football team will now be the biggest draw in the country. It was hard to follow all the hype in the media about the rugby team, sure they're a decent team but if you were to believe the hype, they were beyond reproach and despite accomplishing nothing at the World Cup, in some parts were still lauded for failing.

This Irish team, without any hyped up superstars, completely turned their fortunes around and beat the World Champions doing it, while managing to negotiate a difficult play-off. Watch all the rugby snobs ( not all rugby supporters mind but a sizeable minority ) climb the bandwagon when the road to Paris begins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

gufc21 wrote: »
    Will this have any impact on the seedings for the euros?

No, seeding is based on the National Ranking after the qualifiers from mid Oct

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/finals/draws/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

With 24 teams in the euros. 3rd place in 4 of the 6 groups will qualify for the last 16. A fair chance of getting through the groups by getting 3 pts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

jive wrote: »
    That's why it should be a minutes applause. There's always clowns and I mean always.

I don't agree with that
    A minutes applause id fine for a someone that is well know and would have achieved various things throughout his\her life that can be remembered with happiness and celebrated.

But what happened in France was a horrific slaughter of innocent people, it deserves a minutes silence.

It's something to mourn, not to celebrate.

The minutes applause started with George Best a decade ago, it has it's place certainly, but tonight would not have been it's place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Fantastic well done to all involved tonight can't wait for June!

When is the draw and what would (even at this early stage) be the best and worst groups we could hope for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

briany wrote:

Bosnian fans. More than likely tanked up on pints, not that that excuses anything. Bunch of idiots nonetheless. It takes a certain class of person to shout during a minutes silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

just in from aviva, what an atmosphere,what a night,what a summer to lookforward to. Abolutley delighted for all involved and really taught we had f****d it up after scots game. ALLEZ LE VERT,now to go and develop a taste for snails,frogs legs and red wine;);););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I don't care who we get tbh just as long as we don't wind up in a group of death like last time. (Getting Spain and Italy again is a possibility if I'm not mistaken).

I also don't want the Germans as I reckon they would be hungry for revenge.

Anybody else, bring it on.

Anyone know the pots / seedings etc for draw?

Best /worst secaniro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

briany wrote: »

Yeah tbh it seemed to be max 5 loud Bosnian fans with a few others laughing at them. Obviously though they should have been shut up by the rest of them after the first guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Can't see anyone breaking in that quick. Harry After if he had an exceptional season is well placed to push for the starting 11.

We have the basis of a decent side for the following campaign but need a few to come through, in particular a replacement for Hoolahan. A goalscorer would be nice too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement