Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep of Ireland (1) vs Bosnia (1), Euro qualifier playoff 2nd leg

1353637383941»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

what ever about the Dutch, are you honestly comparing us to 3 of the biggest nations in the world with resources and facilities that we can only dream of?

they have 260 million people between them ffs, millions of people attending their local leagues every year and are 3 countries who have been awarded the world cup. above all else, as i have already said football is the number 1 game in their country and the number of people playing football in each is bigger than our full population put together.

people need to get real.

The numbers of people playing football isn't huge in comparison with every other sport in those countries.

That was the point.

The notion that Ireland has a huge level of competition with other sports and no one else does is a bit blinkered and irrelevant.

We achieved something great! That's far more important. We don't need to qualify our achievements-they speak for themselves.

Let's just enjoy that, eh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,945 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

how come we always got england back in the 1980's early 90's. We drew them in Euro 88, Italia 90 and the Euro 92 qualifers and since then we only played them 3 times (1995,2013& 2015).

Anyway would love a group of England, Ukraine, Slovakia and us but knowing our luck in draws with will be Germany,Italy, Poland and us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

PTH2009 wrote: »
    how come we always got england back in the 1980's early 90's. We drew them in Euro 88, Italia 90 and the Euro 92 qualifers and since then we only played them 3 times (1995,2013& 2015).

Anyway would love a group of England, Ukraine, Slovakia and us but knowing our luck in draws with will be Germany,Italy, Poland and us.

We drew the Dutch even more than England and lately we can't shake off Georgia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

England haven't beaten us since a friendly in 1985. I'd love to draw them as top seeds. I'd be fairly confident of atleast a draw against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

back then, competitions were smaller (only 8 teams in euro 88 for example) and the qualification groups were also less - only 32 teams qualifying as opposed to ~54 now, so the odds were much better,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭eire4

England haven't beaten us since a friendly in 1985. I'd love to draw them as top seeds. I'd be fairly confident of atleast a draw against them.

Of all the pot 1 seeds I think England would represent our best shot at getting a result in the game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement