Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep of Ireland (1) vs Bosnia (1), Euro qualifier playoff 2nd leg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

For all the talk Bosnia are totally ordinary. Just adds to my general sense that football in europe is diminishing in quality. First effects being seen of the internet generation? Who knows but i love football and 99% of it is poor these days when partisan issues etc are set aside and the game itself is focussed on. Rant over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭LordAwesome

Whoever wins, 2016 Euros loses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

vidor wrote: »
    Kerr is still number one though.

I hate that ignorant b#llocks. My wife asked him could she have a picture taken with him, he bulled past her and said "I'm burstin for a p1ss"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Peist2007 wrote: »
    For all the talk Bosnia are totally ordinary. Just adds to my general sense that football in europe is diminishing in quality. First effects being seen of the internet generation? Who knows but i love football and 99% of it is poor these days when partisan issues etc are set aside and the game itself is focussed on. Rant over :)

They would be destroying us if they played Pjanic where he belongs. I'm also amazed they are persisting with 442. It doesnt suit them at all. Their formation is doing us a big favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

I'd say B+H would be happy enough with a scoreless draw.

• Advertisement

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I hate that ignorant b#llocks. My wife asked him could she have a picture taken with him, he bulled past her and said "I'm burstin for a p1ss"

Golden shower. You dont request pics at a gangbang ffs. Some etiquette man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

he suffers from irritable bladder syndrome ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Excellent first half, good organisation and closing down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Only raises him in my estimation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Take that score at half time. They haven't really threatened either. Terrible game but don't care as long as we get a positive result.

Kirby wrote: »
    They would be destroying us if they played Pjanic where he belongs. I'm also amazed they are persisting with 442. It doesnt suit them at all. Their formation is doing us a big favour.

I like Pjanic but he's pretty lightweight when the crap hits the fan i think. Might be proven wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

It might be turgid viewing but this is going very well. Bosnia sh1t their pants every time they get near our box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Bosnia have been very cautious.Amazing how deep Pjanic is playing it doesn't make sense to me that there most creative player has spent a lot of the first half picking the ball up of their centre halves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Not a lot of encouragement to be had from our attacking play but defensively we've looked okay, which is encouraging.

I would take this result right now but I fear Bosnia will be better in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Is it me or does rte show more adds and new sponsorship by paddy power on the scoreboard? I presume in response to losing out stuff to tv3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Awful stuff. Slim chance of us creating anything never mind scoring. Bosnia look more dangerous mainly targettkng Ward. 0-0 looks most likely which would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The quality on show is very poor, but both sides aren't exactly super powers. We've obviously got a lot of injuries and suspension so any sort of decent result will be gratefully accepted by me, no matter how poor a fare it is.

I just want to qualify, i don't care how turgid we have to be.

apart from Hooligan who else do we have that's world class?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Both teams are sh1te this is going to pen's after two legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Hitchens wrote: »

We don't have any world class players and that includes Houlihan

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Are we still pretending Bosnia are a good team then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Nib wrote: »
    It might be turgid viewing but this is going very well. Bosnia sh1t their pants every time they get near our box.

Premature shooting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Drumpot wrote: »
    Is it me or does rte show more adds and new sponsorship by paddy power on the scoreboard? I presume in response to losing out stuff to tv3?
    Shown that since the start of the qualifiers. Sometimes it changes to another sponsor. Same amount of adds since forever.

Broadcasting Act innit m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I think it's pretty obvious that they've that centre half in centre midfield to nullify our long ball. We should take advantage of this. Sit off him, let him take the ball, and then we press as a unit, he's a mistake waiting to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

coleman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

:D:D What a legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Not too impressed with Hoolihan and Brady so far.
    Expected more from these two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Errr Wes may be a lot of things but World Class isn't one of them.

We have no threat at all to their goal. The scary thing is that even Hoofball would be a step up from what was served up in the first half!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Hoolihan isn't world class. Seamus Coleman is a lot closer to world class than Hoolihan is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Does the away goals rule apply to these playoffs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

For where we are and the injuries/suspensions we have ill gladly take another half of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Richie Saddler knows his stuff ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Absolutely hideous stuff.

That left hand side is an abomination. Brady isn't very good at delivering balls going forward and is awful at tracking back.

Coupled with Ward being a bumbling liability at left back, it's a recipe for disaster.

Coleman has been our best player by far which really says a lot as to what part of the pitch we've mostly been playing in.

We're so fúcking negative it hurts. You could drive a convoy of trucks through some of the gaps in midfield but instead we opt to play it back to the keeper.

Hoolahan has been non existent and wouldn't be surprised to see him get hooked sooner rather than later.

Murphy is doing his best but he's limited by nobody busting a gut to help him out.

Miserable stuff lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can't see a lot of chances being created from open play. This might be the kind of situation that's ideal for Darron Gibson or Harry Arter to come on and fire one in from long range.

• Advertisement

Hoolihan isn't world class. Seamus Coleman is a lot closer to world class than Hoolihan is.

Coleman is one of the top right backs in europe but he wouldnt make the Bayern team or Barca or Real. I think that excludes him from being world class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As predicted. Awful.

MON will be delighted !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

tanko wrote: »
    Does the away goals rule apply to these playoffs?

Yes.
    Bosnia are playing for a one nil home win

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Well we have the best fans in the world so naturally our hooligans will be world class.

maybe it's time to bring Roy of the Rovers on ....aka as Robert Keane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hoolihan world class!

I need some of what that poster is drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Richard Keogh looks like he is perpetually in a haunted house

Hoolihan world class!

I think the misconception derives from the fact that he does look world class in that ireland team sometimes. Says more about his colleagues than him unfortunately. Wes knows how to play the game and that actually stands out which is rather shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Hoolahan and Coleman Barca are waiting to break the 100m mark to sign them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

We're bad but Bosnia isn't that much better.

We could still nick a goal if we tried passing it a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭LordAwesome

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

NIMAN wrote: »
    As predicted. Awful.

MON will be delighted !!

Has he not picked the team that everyone in the media and elsewhere called for. Bosnia are pressing the ball better than we are, that's the only reason why they are getting more chances. We need to press them higher up the pitch a bit.

I meant to say International class :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Hoolihan world class!

Hooligan, hoolihan, it's feckin hoolahan:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

In all fairness, the pitch looks absolutely ****e for striking the ball. Even Pjanic is struggling!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement