Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rufused insurance mid way through policy

• 10-11-2015 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi
    My father has an insurance policy with a certain Irish insurance company. He is just over a month into the policy and he wants to add his son of 22 years to the policy but the insurance company are explaining it is high risk and they will give us a call back. By law do they have to provide me with a quote? or can they just choose not to add me to the policy if they dont want to?
    Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

By law they don't have to provide cover for you as it's a change to the initial policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Insurers are under no obligation whatsoever to add any driver to a policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Even if the law says they must provide a quote, all they have to do is quote you €20,000 i.e. it would be a worthless entitlement.

The insurance company took on your father a month ago, they are well within their rights to refuse to accept any proposed named driver.

Advertisement