Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear extension cost

Options
  • 10-11-2015 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

We are planning to have rear Kitchen extension done, but would like to get some idea of how much it will cost, basic dimension is 9.53m by 4m, 3 velux windows. The extension is for open plan lounge dining and kitchen.
    It would be great if somebody can recommend good builder etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭thadg

45-60 thousand. what finish are you after, the kitchen alone could cost 20k.

more info needed

32 counties in this country, you might narrow down where you are in the country if you want someone to recommend a builder

• Registered Users Posts: 3 houselover

thadg wrote: »
    45-60 thousand. what finish are you after, the kitchen alone could cost 20k.

more info needed

32 counties in this country, you might narrow down where you are in the country if you want someone to recommend a builder

Its in Drogheda, Co Louth

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Budget €1600 per sq. M and that should be in very close proximity to the finished bill.

Bear in mind hat this figure will not include architect fees or planning fees considering your extension is 38 sq. m so planning is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 houselover

@kceira, I would have thought no planning permission required if it's under 40 sq. m?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

houselover wrote: »
    @kceira, I would have thought no planning permission required if it's under 40 sq. m?

Yeah sorry, obviously having a blonde moment there.
    Subject to meeting the open space requirements, you could be exempt.

Build costs I posted remain the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement