Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using data in germany

Options
  • 10-11-2015 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Will be in Germany for 5 days, would like to have 4g/3g without having to worry about price.
    I am a current Three ireland pre pay customer. Is there

a) some purchase to make to get me "cheap" roaming ?

b) is roaming still a thing - i was able to use an irish €20 top up and worked as normal in the UK for a months free data. ?

c) Easier to just buy a German Sim on ebay ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

jogdish wrote: »
    Hi,
    Will be in Germany for 5 days, would like to have 4g/3g without having to worry about price.
    I am a current Three ireland pre pay customer. Is there

a) some purchase to make to get me "cheap" roaming ?

b) is roaming still a thing - i was able to use an irish €20 top up and worked as normal in the UK for a months free data. ?

c) Easier to just buy a German Sim on ebay ?

Be very careful - roaming is still very dangerous on Three. Roaming Data is 25c per MB on Three in Germany (or €250 per GB!), and they don't allow tethering.

Better to port to eir Mobile or Meteor - 50MB for 99c/day or alternatively €15 for 1GB over 30 days...and they do allow tethering. They also have a network that works back home in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Pop to an Aldi Store, and get an Aldi Talk Sim Card.
    Top your phone up with a tenner, and get a Internet Flatrate L plan.
    (1.5GB of 4G Data)

https://www.alditalk.de/surfen/internet-flatrate_l.php

Advertisement