Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop has problems when plugged in.

Options
  • 10-11-2015 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I have a new lenovo laptop its maybe a month old. Anyway it works perfectly when its working just with the battery but as soon as its plugged in it starts having problems. Firstly as soon as I connect the power lead it goes straight into sleep mode and I have to use the power button to turn it back on. Then once its back on I can hardly move the cursor it reacts very slowly when you try to move it. Then as soon as I unplug it it works perfectly again. Also when I turn it on when its plugged in it wont switch on. After the initial blue loading screen it goes straight to sleep mode. Yet when I turn it on with just the battery it switches on as normal. Its under warranty so I can bring it back but I dont want to be without it if there is a simple fix. Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Bring it back. It sounds like it's running the wrong charger and not getting enough juice. Take it back, and try and get a replacement. Have a look at the charger cable, and see what voltage it's rated at. Do a bit of research online and see if that is correct.

Advertisement