Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning retention

Options
  • 10-11-2015 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All,

I need some advice regarding a potential planning issue regarding a house I am hoping to purchase.

By way of background, young family getting bigger, needed to move from my 3 bed semi in Navan to a bigger house, spotted dream home just outside Slane, bust a gut to get mortgage, got offer on house accepted (subject to contract) and gone sale agreed (subject to contract) on our own house.

Got a professional (who is also a friend ) to carry out structural survey and review planning file in local Co. Co. The physical survey was fine (house needs some upgrading) but the Professional spotted a difference between the orientation of the house on the plans compared to its actual orientation on the site (by as much as 45 deg).. The house was built in 1995 as there does not appear to be any letter of objection or notice of enforcement on the planning file.

We had not yet seen the certificate of planning compliance that the vendor will be required to produce (so appreciate I may be jumping ahead).

We LOVE the house and don't want to lose it .....but obviously don't want to be stupid either.

Would welcome any thoughts on what I should do!

1) Should I bring to buyers attention and require they apply for retention at their cost as a condition of sale ? My fear is the seller would walk and a less picky purchase would buy the property.

2) Should I offer to co-fund costs associated with retention application but this make it a condition of sale?

3) Should I say nothing if cert.of planning compliance is provided and passes scrutiny by solicitor and apply for retention myself at some point in the future?

Any thoughts really appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello.

This is the Newbies & FAQ forum. Its purpose is for users to ask questions about the boards.ie site itself.

The question you have asked does not belong here. You'd have much better luck if you asked in our Construction & Planning forum, and take it from there.

Thanks,

-Shield.

Advertisement