Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some SEO questions..

Options
  • 10-11-2015 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,547 ✭✭✭✭

So..
    For some keywords I'm ranking on first page, some a bit further back down.. As a small eCommerce site its hard to get "relevant" links but I've worked away at it slowly..

My question is on increased traffic, if for example I offered free download of a "light" version of my product. The idea being to draw more traffic and perhaps backlinks to the site, some may become customers directly.

This additional traffic, in itself is it good for my SEO/PR ??

Obviously if it built some backlinks these should help...

Additionally, if I offer say one product to affiliate marketers, they link back to my site to receive commission on sales, is this a good link building strategy??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 JoeFlood

I find the best thing to do is blog. Write relevant, informative blogs for your niche and share them wherever your audience is e.g social media. This drives traffic and you also benefit from social shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Just offering a "light" version won't in itself generate more traffic.
    Where and how well you promote is what will generate the traffic.

if for example you promote on site x and get visitors you might get more with a "light" promotion, but imo if your current ads/promotions plug the "benefits" with no price rather than say cheapest then a "light" version offering would have little effect. A free trial version might work but would possibly attract more of the mildly curious and tyre kickers.

Make sure your on-page seo is properly set up and that you have "good" content before you concentrate on links. And as JoeFlood suggests writing blog posts and articles with links back to your site is the best way to get the ball rolling.

Advertisement