Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transition year . Help !

Options
  • 10-11-2015 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

So i am hoping to do ty next year I was wondering this.

What type of people do they look for like I'm a very positive student and rarely get in trouble or bad notes . I have won student of the month twice and an award at Christmas for school spirt . But I'm not that great in exams like I'm at ol at three subjects and fail hl exams sometimes.

Also what type of question do the ask you in your interview.
    Simplyzara13 is online now Report Post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gerard98

So i am hoping to do ty next year I was wondering this.

What type of people do they look for like I'm a very positive student and rarely get in trouble or bad notes . I have won student of the month twice and an award at Christmas for school spirt . But I'm not that great in exams like I'm at ol at three subjects and fail hl exams sometimes.

Also what type of question do the ask you in your interview.
    Simplyzara13 is online now Report Post

In my school around 120 applied for 64 places in transition year. I got in with an absolutely terrible record of attendance/lates.They mainly focused on no homework notes primarily and then your behaviour and attitude towards school.
    Please remember it can differ completely for your school and I recommend that you ask your school's TY co-ordinator or your school's guidance counselor.

My interview was very basic I was asked questions like what are your hobbies,qualities and interests in school. If your TY course has any classes that you are interested in let them now in the interview.

They normally ask you about your leadership qualities which means you have the chance to say something like my student of the month award is a sign of good leadership as it sets a good example to younger students to follow.
    Ask some of the current TYs what sort of questions were asked or even the interviewers.

TY isn't about grades it's about your spirit and mindset towards your education and school as far as I know.

Advertisement