Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrival in San Diego, CA

Options
  • 10-11-2015 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi guys,

Just landed in SD and am hungry to find work and accom. I'm on a 1 year grad work visa (IT related).

In terms of accom I have been trawling craigslist and other sites and have a few viewings organised. Im lucky enough to have a couch to crash on for the time being.

In terms of jobs I'm finding it tricky to know where to start in a lot of cases. IT/Business/Law/Project Management are all areas I am looking at. It would be nice to find something relevant and specific to my education/experience but with that in mind I'm very much open to suggestions. I have joined forums and whatnot on LinkedIn, FB etc and am cold contacting companies in the hope of securing something.

I need something that earns me enough to live on. I can't work for free.

Any Irish out here that want to hang out Im free to do so :)

Any help, tips, advice, recommendations etc much appreciated.

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Hey Paul,

Welcome! Have you reached out to Irish Outreach in SD? They are usually quite helpful. In terms of jobs, there should be plenty of entry level work available on craigslist in the IT sector. Make sure your RESUME is "US-ready" (i.e. short and sweet, American HRs don't like essays) and get to as many interviews as possible. Do you have anyone to rent accommodation with? It can be difficult to find and afford a place by yourself, have a search through the roommates wanted section of craigslist too.

Advertisement