Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance renewal, broker €40 higher than buying it myself

• 10-11-2015 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,753 ✭✭✭✭

I have just got a renewal from a famous broker offering me a premium for €X, and it says that this includes admin fee of €40.

Thing is, the renewal they sent out includes all the documentation from Aviva, which shows a final quote of €X - 40.

I went on to Aviva's website and also get roughly the same price myself, so I'm wondering why this broker would assume I would pay the full price and hand them €40 for nothing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

It's the brokers service charge, separate to the premium. It covers their sourcing of the right product for you, administration and claim handling. They are there to answer any query you have and point out the benefits and pitfalls of your cover. It will be fully disclosed in your paperwork what this is for.

Often, brokers can obtain cheaper premiums than direct with insurers. Sometimes it will be the same and it can be dearer. If you are happy to do the job yourself, fair enough, save the fee. Many are not so confident

Advertisement