Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Aritech Pd Low Battery

Options
  • 10-11-2015 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

I was away for a couple of weeks and when I came home the alarm would not set with a 'Pd Low Battery' warning. It's an Aritech 350.
    Apart from a load of wired sensors I also have 6 wireless window / knock sensors, a wireless entry door sensor (no knock) and a fire alarm. I assumed it was just time to replace the batteries so I did all the CR123s in the windows and got the mad Saft one for the door today. No joy however. The alarm was still there. The log on this does not indicate the faulty zone as far as I can see. Not on the keypad anyway.
    On engineer mode I tested all the wireless inputs using the test facility and all worked fine.
    I reset the power to the panel by disconnecting the supply and the battery and on power up the alarm was gone and I could arm it and thought all was great......... but an hour later it is back.
    Anybody know if there is something I might be missing here? I am NOT missing a sensor!
    Is there any way to isolate the offending device? I was thinking of just removing each sensor individually in the setup but if the alarm only returns an hour later after reset then that could be a long process!
    If I log in to the thing serially with a PC would that indicate the problem device and if so any idea what software to use?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In engineer goto the log & locate the low battery entry & press 0 .It should then display the zone description.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭soram

FFS - I've been leafing through the manuals since Friday and not found this......Cheers - Its the fire alarm. Now I need to figure how to get rid of it as the batteries are new. I have a vague recollection of something similar in the past but I'm not sure if i need a special reset process and that manual I can't find..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try un-enroll the unit then learn it in again.

Just took it down and it says on it to wait 30 seconds before reinsertion of the batteries. Never bothered to read that before. If that doesn't work then I'll re learn it. Watch this space.
    I'm guessing that 0 is a scroll button for the message?

OK - took the batteries out for a minute - put them back - alarm active - entered the normal user code and acknowledged the alarm. Hey presto - Alarm GONE

Many thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

No Problem.;)

Advertisement