Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mercury hp and year help

• 10-11-2015 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42

just wondering if anyone can help me out,
    just got a old mercury outboard but dont no what hp or year it is,
    the serial number is 09600967
    cant find any other info on it and have came up blank when searching online,
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Can you pm me a photo of the engine cowling, some of the Belgium ones are a bit harder to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 rodey

hi mate.
    no decals or anything on the engine hood,
    forgot to mention gearshift is in the tiller if thats any help
    must be more than 4 hp as its twin cyl,

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

What colour is the engine, twin cyl can be anything from 7.5 hp to 20 hp any chance the 0 at the start could be a D or C.

engine is all black mate,
    flywheel is red,
    defo a 0 as i can see it really clear,

think iv narrowed it down to 1990 acording to this site,sorry cant post the link,
    now any idea how id find out the hp

• Advertisement

If it's starts with an 0 then you don't use it so yours will be 9600967.

cheers ,
    ya that was were i found it also.
    no if i can only find out the hp.
    any idea were i would even start

Maybe 8 or 9,9 they are the only two that come up in the 960 bracket more than likely the same engine block just different carb settings.

fergal.b wrote: »
    Maybe 8 or 9,9 they are the only two that come up in the 960 bracket more than likely the same engine block just different carb settings.

thanks for the help mate,
    well it does look around that size,
    pity theres not more info from the serial number,
    think the 6hp come in the same serial range,
    tried barrus uk and they also said 1990, but no info on the hp,
    thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement