Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mallow Road Stop Go System

Options
  • 10-11-2015 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Hey folks. Does anyone know if the stop go system on Mallow Road is causing much of a delay? Need to travel to Limerick during the week and usually allow 2 hours to be safe. Would appreciate any info. I won't be travelling at peak times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Go to the AA route planner website depending were you are in Cork the site might tell you to go on the M8 and take the R513 at Mitchelstown to Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

As mikeym suggested, take the alternative route- the main road to Limerick is a disaster at the minute (and for many minutes to come, by the looks of things)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

As mikeym suggested, take the alternative route- the main road to Limerick is a disaster at the minute (and for many minutes to come, by the looks of things)

Oh dear was hoping it wasn't that bad. Usually get through Buttevant ok. Will look at alternative route thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

It depends on where in Cork your starting point will be, but, if you can easily get onto the N25, you'll be sorted- really the alternative is absolutely fine- few bends in spots, but at least you're moving.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

It depends on where in Cork your starting point will be, but, if you can easily get onto the N25, you'll be sorted- really the alternative is absolutely fine- few bends in spots, but at least you're moving.

Good luck!

I would be travelling usually from Blarney to Mallow Road and on to Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its a bloody joke that road. We went to Limerick a few weeks ago and took us 2 hours to get from Blackpool to Ennis Rd. Buttevant is a bigger disaster than normal, Mallow is pox and I think there might be one other roadworks as well.

Yet there are no plans to motorway this route. Joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Depends on the time it would seem. The roadworks added about 5 mins extra for me the other morning (left northside cork around 8.10), but it added an extra 25 mins when i was there one evening:/

Advertisement