Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic computer build that can be upgraded

Options
  • 10-11-2015 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for a basic PC build for now for Internet use, Office use, Netflix and Youtube 720/1080p use. I am hoping later on to upgrade to a gaming rig so something that can be easily upgradable would be nice.

1. What is your budget? €200 (Can stretch to €250)

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Internet, Office, Netflix, YouTube

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Have DVD Drive, Hard Drive and Mouse, Keyboard etc..

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1680x1050 and No.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? If the processor allows then yes, maybe.

8. How can you pay? Cash, Paypal, CC, Bank Transfer.

9. When are you purchasing? As soon as possible.

As said it would be nice if the parts can be upgradable to a €600 - €700 gaming rig later on, just dont have the money right now and my old pc is starting to pack in so need something for basic general use that wont crash or struggle to load a youtube video for now.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Pentium G3220 €60
    4gb RAM €30
    120gb SSD €60
    400w PSU €50
    H81M board €50
    Total €250

And whatever you're willing to spend on a case.

Replace CPU with an i3 (€120) and add 4gb RAM (€25) and a GTX950 (€160) or R9 270X (€170) to make it a full gaming rig.

Drop SSD for now if you can't afford it, I'd recommend adding it later if you do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Pentium G3220 €60
    4gb RAM €30
    120gb SSD €60
    400w PSU €50
    H81M board €50
    Total €250

And whatever you're willing to spend on a case.

Replace CPU with an i3 (€120) and add 4gb RAM (€25) and a GTX950 (€160) or R9 270X (€170) to make it a full gaming rig.

Drop SSD for now if you can't afford it, I'd recommend adding it later if you do

Thanks very much.

Is there a specific site you got those prices off or are they generic across different sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

General lowish prices, mindfactory, computer universe, alternate.de and Amazon are all good

Advertisement