Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treatment of Elderly Father

Options
  • 11-11-2015 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Last week my 75yo dad reported a problem with his TV reception. He was given an appointment for an Engineer to call between 1 - 5pm (! ) today. He stayed home all afternoon waiting but nobody turned up. He had a missed call on his phone - he didnt hear the phone ringing. He rang back only to be told that he'd missed his appointment - no he didn't, the engineer NEVER CALLED to the house! He was told that a new.appoinent had to be made and the earliest availability is Friday. I think this treatment is outrageous after he waited in all day for a non-existent appointment!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Last week my 75yo dad reported a problem with his TV reception. He was given an appointment for an Engineer to call between 1 - 5pm (! ) today. He stayed home all afternoon waiting but nobody turned up. He had a missed call on his phone - he didnt hear the phone ringing. He rang back only to be told that he'd missed his appointment - no he didn't, the engineer NEVER CALLED to the house! He was told that a new.appoinent had to be made and the earliest availability is Friday.  I think this treatment is outrageous after he waited in all day for a non-existent appointment!
    Hi SouthernBelle

I'm sorry to hear this. A phone call is made to ensure that there is somebody available at the premises before calling out. When phone calls are not answered the call out is cancelled although I can certainly understand your feelings on this.

To arrange another appointment a call to the eir technical support team on 1890260260 will be required. I will of course procide your feedback on this to our networks team.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

The saga continues.

Appointment was rescheduled for today, so again dad stays home. He got a.phome call from the Eir engineer looking for the house. He'd have.been a.long time looking seeing as he was in Portlaois and the house is in Cork!!!!

So another day wasted and still no satisfactorg service from Eir!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭swoofer

what exactly is the problem?  is it evision he has?

swoofer wrote: »
    what exactly is the problem?  is it evision he has?

Yes. Reception keeps dropping. He has 3 TV's in the house and it's happening on all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭swoofer

in other words he has 3 evision boxes linked to a router but more than likely they used powerline adaptors instead of cable and the setup/router is faulty.  Its not rocket science to fix it so I like you am disappointed with eir.  There are quite a few posts on here on the poor treatment meted out to the elderly and then an eir rep will have to cheek to say we only deal with the account holder.   When you are not getting the service you paid for you are within your rights to stop paying and demand a credit.  That evison is pretty dire as well.

can you say location roughly.  Its probably a known issue.  Has he tried re-booting the router, disconnect the 2 rooms and use main box but if they have not use a lan cable to first box it is tricky.  Also re-booting the evision box can wake it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

eir vision boxes don't use wifi. I'd say it's more likely issues with powerline adapters. Proper ethernet cable is the way to go, if possible.

The saga continues.  

Appointment was rescheduled for today, so again dad stays home. He got a.phome call from the Eir engineer looking for the house.  He'd have.been a.long time looking seeing as he was in Portlaois and the house is in Cork!!!!

So another day wasted and still no satisfactorg service from Eir!!
    Hi SouthernBelle

I'm really sorry to hear this, would you like to PM me the eir account number is question and I'll seek clarification on when another appointment can be made?

Thanks

Al

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi SouthernBelle

I'm really sorry to hear this, would you like to PM me the eir account number is question and I'll seek clarification on when another appointment can be made?

Thanks

Al

PM sent.

Hi SouthernBelle

Thanks

Al

PM sent.
    Thanks for your PM SouthernBelle

I see Pam on Twitter advised you that the appointment is set for Friday but a more specific time frame can't be advised at this stage. I will certainly create a note on this advising the engineer to contact you in advance of calling out and request that it's prioritized.

Apologies for the inconvenience SoutherBelle

Al

I see Pam on Twitter advised you that the appointment is set for Friday but a more specific time frame can't be advised at this stage. I will certainly create a note on this advising the engineer to contact you in advance of calling out and request that it's prioritized.

Al

And yet again, no Engineer, no phone call.

Funnily enough, one thing that Eir has sent out to my dad is a survey on their service.

• Advertisement

Al

And yet again,  no Engineer, no phone call.

Funnily enough, one thing that Eir has sent out to my dad is a survey on their service.
    Hi SouthernBelle

Can you please PM me your dads' phone number? I will look in to this further

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement