Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Till System

Options
  • 11-11-2015 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

Hi... Am looking for a 2x Till system for a Souvenier Shop.

Have around 500-600 items to sell.
    A lot of small value items ..less than €10

Haven't made any serious enquiries yet... This my first look at same.

Would there be any links / recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Any till system is going to do that.

What sort of budget do you have?
    Are there any accounting packages it would preferably connect to?
    Do you want a stand alone system or are you happy to run it on your computer/tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

I suppose I would be happy to invest in a pc based system running from a back office system

I would be looking at spending ,€5k +\-

Looking to be able to input Stock direct from delivery boxes?? Is that possible?? Or get input direct from a Supplier email etc?? Just don't have time to manually input the contents of a 3 page invoice...

If it integrated with TAS books accounts... That be a plus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

We use ICRTouch - it allows everything you nat to do (possibly might be over spec'd).

We have 6 stores linked up, handheld scanner to do quarterly stock checks. Links in to sage or Booker accounts packages.

If you enter all information it will give margin breakdown as well as the usual top 10, top 25 etc etc.

At the end of the day, most modern systems can do everything - it just depends on how much information is entered into them to allow the systems produce the reports accurately.

Best to contact a local supplier of EPOS systems as having someone close by in case of issues can be very handy.

Masala wrote: »
    I suppose I would be happy to invest in a pc based system running from a back office system

I would be looking at spending ,€5k +\-

Looking to be able to input Stock direct from delivery boxes?? Is that possible?? Or get input direct from a Supplier email etc?? Just don't have time to manually input the contents of a 3 page invoice...

If it integrated with TAS books accounts... That be a plus

With the system we use we just get a .csv sent by the supplier and then upload the file to the system takes all of 30 seconds even if its an order that has the stock room bursting at the seams!

If you go with a cloud system its likely that it will be a subscription set up so no set up cost at all which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

jimmii wrote: »
    With the system we use ....QUOTE]

Do you mind me asking what is that system????? link??

• Advertisement

Masala wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what is that system????? link??

Getpose.com

Advertisement