Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making me agree to rent increase in advance?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

conorhal wrote: »
    The problem is, by the sounds of it, he's not dealing with a landord, he's dealing with a management company.
    For all the complaining about, and short-comings of, the accidental and amateur landlords, they can at least be negociated with. If you only own one or two rental properties you very quickly learn the value of a good tenent because a bad one can cost you the property.
    Management companies are a different kettle of fish, they don't differentiate or negociate, they work on averages and in the current market are probably disinclined to cut deals. I suspect the OP's only option is to say no to the bullying tactics regards notice and the deposit request, both of which are unreasonable. The rent increece is something however he will simply have to descide to either pony up for or move I'm afraid.

There a big difference between a management/property company and a managing agentfor a small landlord (as seems the case here) .

Contract will probably be with the landlord and arranged by the agent.

Agent is obliged to forward communication to the landlord for consideration.

You will find a pleasant approach will give the best results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

D3PO wrote: »
    what exactly is unfair ?
    This
    aviator7 wrote: »
    The letter said I have to decide within 7 days, and if I don't sign and return the letter agreeing to the increase then he will assume I am moving out and begin my notice period.

Advertisement