Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming chair

Options
  • 11-11-2015 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hi,
    need some advice, my son has asked for a gaming chair from the big fella for xmas and i was looking for a wireless one but every tine ive googled them they all seem to need hooking up to the ps3 with cables, is there one that only requires a power supply and the rest to be totally wireless?
    my cousin has offered me a bluetooth x rocker which was never used but was designed for an xbox, think it would work but apparently the chat function is all that i would get from the speakers,
    basically what im wondering is if there is chair for the ps3 which;
    1-is more or less wireless(apart from power)
    2-which will output game sounds from the chair itself

and if needs to be connected by leads do they go into the tv as well, its mounted on the wall so wouldnt be ideal,
    sorry for the long post, any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hi,
    need some advice, my son has asked for a gaming chair from the big fella for xmas and i was looking for a wireless one but every tine ive googled them they all seem to need hooking up to the ps3 with cables, is there one that only requires a power supply and the rest to be totally wireless?
    my cousin has offered me a bluetooth x rocker which was never used but was designed for an xbox, think it would work but apparently the chat function is all that i would get from the speakers,
    basically what im wondering is if there is chair for the ps3 which;
    1-is more or less wireless(apart from power)
    2-which will output game sounds from the chair itself

and if needs to be connected by leads do they go into the tv as well, its mounted on the wall so wouldnt be ideal,
    sorry for the long post, any help greatly appreciated
    if it was me I would want a gaming headset and a nice comfy executive office chair. the gaming chairs are imo very uncomfy and in no way worth the money

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

1) The only X-Rocker thats any good is the X-Rocker Pro, and that's expensive
    2) All other X-Rockers are at floor level, and while they see m novel for youths, i would be like spending hours on end in a bean bag (with your knees raised above your waist which will cause short and long term spinal issues)
    3) The wireless technology in the PS3 is poorly supported to the point of being non existent (what you're essentially doing is creating a wired link between Headset -> Chair -> Console.... it's a nightmare)
    4) By the time you have this hooked up and ready he'll be looking for a PS4 anyway :P

Sorry to be putting you off the idea, but that's the cold hard truth of these things, they are fairly useless unless you splash the cash on an X-Rocker Pro.

As above, better off invest in a good wireless headset

Well I have had an xrocker pro and I'll go completely against cormacs view of it being the only one worth purchasing let me tell you the xrocker pro is cheap tat. The only chairs worth buying would have to be bought in the states and would cost around 500.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Get an old office chair with a perfect base, remove the base from it. Now go and get yourself a Recaro seat out of a car and attach the base and you have comfort there :D

Well I have had an xrocker pro and I'll go completely against cormacs view of it being the only one worth purchasing let me tell you the xrocker pro is cheap tat. The only chairs worth buying would have to be bought in the states and would cost around 500.

I meant in comparison to the ones that sit on the floor (the others types in the X-Rocker series).

I doubt the kids is gonna be getting a €500 DXRacer one :rolleyes:

I just use a good office chair. Thing is that's not a very exciting christmas unwrapping for a young boy

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    I doubt the kids is gonna be getting a €500 DXRacer one :rolleyes:
    how do you know that? you don't know the financial situation op is currently in, maybe he has that kinda money. I pulled you because you referenced a chair saying it was good quality when it clearly isn't. From my experience of owning that chair I can give the op a genuine bit of feedback and tbh that chair is cheaply built and way over priced.

OP I would either buy him a cheap xrocker for 60 and buy him a decent headset or go all out for one of the expensive American chairs

€500 gaming chair for a PS3..... interesting one that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Buy him a good office chair and be done with it, my back is twinging reading this thread, lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Any recommendations on a good office chair so lads? sorry for the hijack op :(

Fieldog wrote: »
    Buy him a good office chair and be done with it, my back is twinging reading this thread, lol...

Agreed.

Good Headset > Gaming Chair

What you save on buying a cheap X-Rocker you will spend on Osteopath visits :(

Thing is, if it's what the kid wants, it's what he wants, bit of a tricky one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Any recommendations on a good office chair so lads? sorry for the hijack op :(

I have this one. Would highly recommend it if you have the budget for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

Hi,
    thanks to everyone for their advice, ive managed to steer him away from the gaming chair to this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00I8S4E1C/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1447264276&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=ps3+ps4+headset&dpPl=1&dpID=51x9j2YDTOL&ref=plSrch
    and this

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/30264216/

i know its a million miles away from a gaming chair but will look nice and tidy and he seems to like it well enough, thanks again!

Good man, that's a quality headset, but he NEEDS to be SUPER CAREFUL of the hingers where they open/close getting cracked. Be super gentle putting them on and off and that is the best value headset around

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The headset is 70 in Argos if you cant do Amazon.... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

what the quality like on the MARKUS chair? is there anything cheaper available online for around €100?

i currently have this chair but the base is starting to give away
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6172884/c_1/1|category_root|Home+and+furniture|14417894/c_2/3|19805481|Office+furniture|14418165/c_3/4|cat_14418165|Office+chairs|14418166.htm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

dunworth1 wrote: »
    what the quality like on the MARKUS chair? is there anything cheaper available online for around €100?
    Currently have this MALKOLM; can recommend it for it's price level. If you want to take it to the next level I'd go Need for Seat one though (can't go there currently due to cats who'd shred it :( ).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

i currently have this chair but the base is starting to give away
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6172884/c_1/1|category_root|Home+and+furniture|14417894/c_2/3|19805481|Office+furniture|14418165/c_3/4|cat_14418165|Office+chairs|14418166.htm

markus chair is lovely, really comfy on whatever body part is touching it. well worth the money.

Nody wrote: »
    Currently have this MALKOLM; can recommend it for it's price level. If you want to take it to the next level I'd go Need for Seat one though (can't go there currently due to cats who'd shred it :( ).

Ive actually decided that i'm going to splash out and get a proper chair.
    as an xmas present

i had a look at the need for seat crowd that you mentioned but i think the seats themselves might be a little small width wise at about 37cm.

i like a bit of room to move around so i went searching and came across this
    https://www.gtomegaracing.com/gt-omega-racing-master-xl-office-chairs/gt-omega-master-xl-racing-office-chair-black-leather

looks like a nice big chair

watching a few reviews i'm thinking i may actually be better off paying the bit extra and getting a dx racer king

http://www.dxracer-europe.com/king-series/dxracer/king-gaming-chair-oh-kf57-ng

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

watching a few reviews i'm thinking i may actually be better off paying the bit extra and getting a dx racer king

http://www.dxracer-europe.com/king-series/dxracer/king-gaming-chair-oh-kf57-ng

They're comfortable but no way are they worth 300 euro more than other chairs.

I bought this chair and I love it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

i had a look at the need for seat crowd that you mentioned but i think the seats themselves might be a little small width wise at about 37cm.
    Go for the XL series then, 58cm wide, 50cm deep.

Nody wrote: »
    Go for the XL series then, 58cm wide, 50cm deep.

i did see them but they are expensive at nearly 500 euro.
    and lots of reviews are saying that the gt and dxracer are much better
    and cheaper.

one guy even seemed to think that there is some relationship between dxracer and need for seat and when he contacted them about the identical part numbers they denied it.

also just to compare the level of CS between dxracer and GT Omega

from my initial experience GT Omegas CS is better they are very quick to respond

while dxracer are slower and there is something strange with the Europe division as when you google it points to dxracer.net but this appears to be abandoned while there is another site http://www.dxracer-europe.com/
    which seems to be the correct one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Go for the dx racer or need for seat chair, the quality and adjust ability of them is worth the extra.

I have a dx racer at home awesome not one regret buying it always comfortable and not a single issue with it. No pain no problems, fall asleep in it many a time. Sit in it for hours on end too.

Go with the Ikea chair if you cant get one of the above!

But don't waist your time or money or effort on one of them generic leather office chairs. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!
    Sit on one pretty much the same as the linked ones and my back is in bits by lunch.

Go for the dx racer or need for seat chair, the quality and adjust ability of them is worth the extra.

I have a dx racer at home awesome not one regret buying it always comfortable and not a single issue with it. No pain no problems, fall asleep in it many a time. Sit in it for hours on end too.

Go with the Ikea chair if you cant get one of the above!

But don't waist your time or money or effort on one of them generic leather office chairs. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!
    Sit on one pretty much the same as the linked ones and my back is in bits by lunch.

i'm deffo getting either an dx racer k series or the gt omega master xl
    trying to decide between the two both are very similar

i like the better choice of colours with dx though and the warranty on the frame.

every review i see both are very good chairs

dx apparently own the factory that makes their chairs so its all fully controlled

dont think Gt do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

i'm deffo getting either an dx racer k series or the gt omega master xl
    trying to decide between the two both are very similar

i like the better choice of colours with dx though and the warranty on the frame.

every review i see both are very good chairs

dx apparently own the factory that makes their chairs so its all fully controlled

dont think Gt do

Not being funny dun, but would you not call to a few office supply places and see whats available? Then best way to see what you like would be to have a sit in it. There was plenty of office furniture cleared out of buildings all over the country and you can pick up some high end stuff at a good price from liquidators.

or even stuff like these?

http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/pb/RS-Soho-Rome2-leather-faced-executive-office-chair-in-black/id=7044564&pr=QDD/

http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/pb/RS-to-go-Rotterdam-Executive-Chair/id=3265089&pr=QDD/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

strelok wrote: »
    markus chair is lovely, really comfy on whatever body part is touching it. well worth the money.

I agree.

I also use an exercise ball for gaming on a second tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

This looks absolutely identical to the "Berlin" chair I bought from Viking for 50 euro on sale back in the day.

After a while the bottom lost is softness so much that now it's a pain in the hole to sit in......
    I mean this quite literally, I get a pain in my tail bone sitting on it unless i use 2 cushions in between.

I'm currently looking to upgrade from it to something with thicker padding to stop getting a pain in the ass!

Wouldn't recommend it, especially at nearly 3 times the price I paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

Hi,
    thanks to everyone for their advice, ive managed to steer him away from the gaming chair to this

ikea-ps-lomsk-swivel-chair-blue__0205080_PE360076_S4.JPG

If it was me I'd rip the canopy off it!
    The poor fella would feel like a baby in a pram! :pac:

oyster_silver_chassis_pushchair_Electric_Blue_pram_E.jpg

• Advertisement

Not being funny dun, but would you not call to a few office supply places and see whats available? Then best way to see what you like would be to have a sit in it. There was plenty of office furniture cleared out of buildings all over the country and you can pick up some high end stuff at a good price from liquidators.

I've had a look at viking and a local office supply shop. But it's all the same really I have one of those executive chairs in work and if I'm in the office all day I get a pain in my back thankfully that's a rarity.

I bought a chair around this time last year in argos for 100 and it's falling apart now which has me wanting to get a good quality chair which the dx seems to be

I generally sit on the chair for a good few hours a day so I'm thinking spending a bit will save me over time

Advertisement