Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming chair

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cormac... wrote: »
    You have lots of neat stuff :o

Cheers. Not all of it can be seen. A lot of stuff like lego and collectors editions of games is hidden as space a bit limited. I am lucky enough misses gave me a whole room just for my toys in her house. :)

DSC_1162_zpsslmrdghy.jpg

DSC_1164_zpswrsdzect.jpg

Just a snip, sorry for bad quality pictures. My phone is ass to take pics in low light.

Funny thing is my misses knew about my nerdy stuff from first date.I never hid it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

I think we should have a Show Us Your Gaming Setup thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

where's a good place to test chairs in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

okay, I actually went in to new Shop that opened up in Limerick to check Chairs.

i was looking at that desk myself the other day seems like a nice solid desk

only thing i didn't like was the keyboard tray

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i was looking at that desk myself the other day seems like a nice solid desk

only thing i didn't like was the keyboard tray

It's actually decent, but after playing a good session I moved keyboard and mouse on table itself amd removed the tray all together.
    It's handy if you watching stuff or browsing, but if you play long session the wrists get a bit tired. That's one part of my body I never knew could get tired. :pac:
    Chairs did not got any lower so armrests were a bit too high. So now I got chair higher amd it's perfect when keyboard is on table. I did not put up the tiny extra shelf for monitor. Don't like them and I don't plan on sticking to one monitor.
    All in all I am very happy with chair amd table combo. Funny enough misses did not liked table at all in shop, but now when it's in my room with whole setup sje loves it.
    The table itself is very very solid. Sturdy and no play in it. I was very surprised howich better it is then my old wooden one. Can't go wrong for 225eu for everything in brick and mortar shop. Definitely recommend.

• Advertisement

Those on multi-display set ups should look up Duronic on Amazon. Like I said I'm on consoles but have a desk set up with my PC, 2 monitors on the duronic mount , PC and consoles wired to main display and send the desktop to the second display when gaming giving fast access to collectible guides, a movie and what not. I must have a look and see if I can find the guide I took from for the set up in terms of ergonomics

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Chair arrived, my thoughts.
    • Took about 25-40 mins to fully assemble with no outside tools needed.
    • Provides excellent lumbar, back and neck support.
    • Can be titled (both back and base together) up 9or back I guess) and given various degrees of ease at which it will do this (for those of you who like to lean back beyond a sitting up position)
    • Back can be moved (moderately, like ~4cm) forward (towards) and back (away) from the base
    • Back cannot be raised to be higher/lower. Would probably not suit very tall people, I'm like 5'10, suits me fine would probably become annoying at like 6'3"+
    • Materials used for the seat seem of good quality and stitching is good.
    • Arms cannott be adjusted
    • Overall very satisfied with it, seems like excellent value for money. 9/10, would give it a 10 I guess if you could raise the back vertically (even though it doesn't affect me) and arms would be adjustable, but for £60, I knew what I was signing up for and am very, very happy.
    • Given I've had some back issues this is the perfect solution, no more massage or physio (I hope) or osteopath.

Have pics, I'll post them if people want, it looks like it does on Amazon though honestly
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01H4OGAFI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Chair arrived, my thoughts.
    • Took about 25-40 mins to fully assemble with no outside tools needed.
    • Provides excellent lumbar, back and neck support.
    • Can be titled (both back and base together) up 9or back I guess) and given various degrees of ease at which it will do this (for those of you who like to lean back beyond a sitting up position)
    • Back can be moved (moderately, like ~4cm) forward (towards) and back (away) from the base
    • Back cannot be raised to be higher/lower. Would probably not suit very tall people, I'm like 5'10, suits me fine would probably become annoying at like 6'3"+
    • Materials used for the seat seem of good quality and stitching is good.
    • Arms cannott be adjusted
    • Overall very satisfied with it, seems like excellent value for money. 9/10, would give it a 10 I guess if you could raise the back vertically (even though it doesn't affect me) and arms would be adjustable, but for £60, I knew what I was signing up for and am very, very happy.
    • Given I've had some back issues this is the perfect solution, no more massage or physio (I hope) or osteopath.

Have pics, I'll post them if people want, it looks like it does on Amazon though honestly
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01H4OGAFI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Whats the maximum adjustable height of the chair?
    * Floor to just under where you sit your arse *

nvm found it Adjustable Seat Height: 49 - 59 cm :)

Might get one of these myself, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

* Floor to just under where you sit your arse *

nvm found it Adjustable Seat Height: 49 - 59 cm :)

Might get one of these myself, thanks!
    This might give you an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

wow, creepy and hilarious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Chair looks great Cormac, gonna hunt a similar one down myself in the near future hopefully...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Chair looks great Cormac, gonna hunt a similar one down myself in the near future hopefully...

Free "UK" Delivery on Amazon via Parcel Motel and then just had to pay Parcel Motel €7 and collect in a depot

Was in a few party chats over the last few weeks and prices of €150-€250 being thrown around for walking into a B&M store to buy a good chair.
    Madness Joe, total robbers I tells ya!

I guess if you don't like "Red Racing Stripes" it sucks.

But well I'm the kind of a$$hole who has LED Fans in my PC tower, so I'm hardly an arbiter of good taste

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Free "UK" Delivery on Amazon via Parcel Motel and then just had to pay Parcel Motel €7 and collect in a depot

Was in a few party chats over the last few weeks and prices of €150-€250 being thrown around for walking into a B&M store to buy a good chair.
    Madness Joe, total robbers I tells ya!

I guess if you don't like "Red Racing Stripes" it sucks.

But well I'm the kind of a$$hole who has LED Fans in my PC tower, so I'm hardly an arbiter of good taste

Don't give a shît what it looks like... :)

No way will I be spending that much in a B&M, I may take a trip up to IKEA and see what they have though, at least you can sit on the chairs there... :)

LED fans? Really? :D

, total robbers I tells ya!
    Would have been free via Parcel Wizard despite it being an "oversized item" ;)

Youd need to have someone at home to receive it though.

Here's a link to the one i bought Fieldog if you want another option:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brand-Designed-Racing-Swivel-Office/dp/B00KY055GU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1472331702&sr=8-3&keywords=gaming+chair

Did a mini review of it a few pages back.

does anyone know anything about this offer from groupon as it doesn't mention a make?

https://www.groupon.ie/deals/racing-style-office-chair

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Cheers. Not all of it can be seen. A lot of stuff like lego and collectors editions of games is hidden as space a bit limited. I am lucky enough misses gave me a whole room just for my toys in her house. :)

DSC_1162_zpsslmrdghy.jpg

Put a lick of paint on them shelves, or print out some cool graphics and make a collage and glue em on or something. That MDF brown really takes the look off all your stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Skerries wrote: »
    does anyone know anything about this offer from groupon as it doesn't mention a make?

https://www.groupon.ie/deals/racing-style-office-chair

I think it is this one:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charles-Jacobs-Executive-Support-Mechanism/dp/B00S93M2Q0/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1474882849&sr=8-15&keywords=racing+chair

Kinda looking for a new chair myself....

thanks for that

only really a slight bargain then compared to Amazon
    from reading the comments it may be too narrow for me as it the seat is 44cm and others are 51cm which is the same as my current one so don't want to be squashed in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Skerries wrote: »
    from reading the comments it may be too narrow for me as it the seat is 44cm and others are 51cm which is the same as my current one so don't want to be squashed in :D

Yeah, pretty much same reason I didn't pull the trigger. I need a chair, but am moving apt this month some time, so will probably just wait till after that. Also I am not the thinest either :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Anyone have one of these? If so..is it comfortable/well built etc?. I wouldn't be using the speakers on it as i use a headset while gaming.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5272235/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780877%7CGaming+chairs%7C14419739.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Anyone have one of these? If so..is it comfortable/well built etc?. I wouldn't be using the speakers on it as i use a headset while gaming.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5272235/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780877%7CGaming+chairs%7C14419739.htm

I would keep my cash and throw another 100 euro or so and get a DX Racer....that chair is pure gimmick TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Those x rocker chairs are utter crap

€200-€300 on a chair?

The one i posted earlier was like €60 and does the same job

€200-€300 on a chair?

The one i posted earlier was like €60 and does the same job

For the right chair its well worth it, but it has to have the criteria for a good chair not just "Look" like a good chair.

I would easily spend 6-10hrs in a chair so if I can get one that is extremely comfortable, looks well and helps with my posture then thats well worth the outlay.

Each to their own and all that jazz.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

Doge wrote: »
    So this arrived today via Parcel Wizard today and I'm sitting in it right now.

Its a huge improvement over the Viking Berlin I had, excellent lower back support and I find I'm not leaning forward as much as with the old chair.

Its really comfortable, and the PU leather is firm also, so shouldnt lose its softness as fast as the Berlin did.

Its has a much higher back rest than the Berlin had also, comes half way up my head and I'm 5"11:

hx4s7S1.jpg

The arm rests are at the perfect height for typing also, and have really thick padding:

B4AFUFi.jpg

The only con is that the wheels are Black and White, if they were Black and Red to match the rest of the chair it would be sweet, but thats only nitpicking really.

Excellent chair for €100 + P&P.

Hi. Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I’m wondering if you would still recommend this chair. I’m in the market for one myself, would be interested to hear your opinion 2 years on

deadduck wrote: »
    Hi. Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I’m wondering if you would still recommend this chair. I’m in the market for one myself, would be interested to hear your opinion 2 years on

No problem dude!

Would definitely recommend getting it after using it for 2 years.

The only negative thing I can say is that it makes noise when leaning back but I think all chairs do that after a while.

Still has retained its thickness and padding 2 years on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No problem dude!

The only negative thing I can say is that it makes noise when leaning back but I think all chairs do that after a while.

A touch of WD-40 sorts that noise right out ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I would keep my cash and throw another 100 euro or so and get a DX Racer....that chair is pure gimmick TBH.

Far from pure gimmick, I picked one up when they dropped to 100 nearly 2 years ago now and its a really comfy chair and the speakers come in handy when I want to listen to some tunes from spotify :D

Not worth the original price, might be worth 100 quid and if you are listening to music through speakers on a gaming chair I feel you pain...LMAO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

No problem dude!

Brilliant, thanks for getting back to me

Advertisement