Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom/Meteor V 02/3

Options
  • 11-11-2015 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

the company I'm working for are looking to change from 02/3 to Eircom/Meteor . Any issue with eircoms coverage, hearing mixed reviews?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Their coverage is decent but customer service non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Their business plans are pretty competitive and 4g is included in all plans. And my experience with their business customer services has been good.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cb1959

Lods1969 wrote: »
    the company I'm working for are looking to change from 02/3 to Eircom/Meteor . Any issue with eircoms coverage, hearing mixed reviews?

I changed the whole family over after the collapse of O2 earlier in the year. Haven't looked back since. The Eir/Meteor network is far superior to Three/O2, and the bills are half what we were paying on O2. The kids are on Meteor - same network - great Prepaid deal. My sister is on eir Mobile for Business and is very happy also.

We were in the Aran Islands earlier in the year, and we were the only ones in our group with any mobile coverage from any of the networks - even Vodafone had nothing, while we could give everyone else 4G data tethering on on eir/Meteor. Like any mobile network you get the occasional blackspot - sometimes in underground car-parks etc - but certainly nothing like the constant grief you get with Three. Changed everthing over on-line and had no reason to call customer service since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

cb1959 wrote: »
    I changed the whole family over after the collapse of O2 earlier in the year. Haven't looked back since. The Eir/Meteor network is far superior to Three/O2, and the bills are half what we were paying on O2. The kids are on Meteor - same network - great Prepaid deal. My sister is on eir Mobile for Business and is very happy also.

We were in the Aran Islands earlier in the year, and we were the only ones in our group with any mobile coverage from any of the networks - even Vodafone had nothing, while we could give everyone else 4G data tethering on on eir/Meteor. Like any mobile network you get the occasional blackspot - sometimes in underground car-parks etc - but certainly nothing like the constant grief you get with Three. Changed everthing over on-line and had no reason to call customer service since.

This is the problem - when the service works it's happy out, it really is. Was with them for well over a year for both home and mobile services and no complaints with the service usability side of things.

But their billing system is a total joke and when things go wrong with your bill they go very very wrong because the whole backend administration and customer support in the Eircom group is a complete and utter dysfunctional shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cb1959

Kensington wrote: »
    This is the problem - when the service works it's happy out, it really is. Was with them for well over a year for both home and mobile services and no complaints with the service usability side of things.

But their billing system is a total joke and when things go wrong with your bill they go very very wrong because the whole backend administration and customer support in the Eircom group is a complete and utter dysfunctional shambles.

It's interesting your experience almost exactly mirror's my experience of Three's chronic support and billing!. When I signed up for the quad-play bundle with Eir, they put us on a new billing system with a new account number. I have had absolutely no problems with their billing or customer service for TV, Mobile, eFibre or phone. Perhaps the problems you had were with the old billing system? Because almost everything is now on a flat-rate, the bills are very similar each month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Kensington wrote: »

This sums-up my experience with Meteor.

I once noticed they were not billing data usage according to my plan's T&Cs, and after dozens of email and phone calls with their customer service and providing detailed exemples, they were still blaming me for not understanding my bill. Had to raise the case with ComReg and shame them documenting their behaviour for them to refund me the overcharged amount and fix their billing system. Not an apology or any freebie to compensate for the many hours I had to spend dealing with them.

I wouldn't expect Three to be much better but have no personal experience. Vodafone is probably ahead of the other 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Just wondering is there anybody from meteor on this I can talk to please and thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Farty88 wrote: »
    Just wondering is there anybody from meteor on this I can talk to please and thank you

You can post here and a Meteor customer service person should answer: http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1558

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

Cant complain about eMobile. I've been with them for about 5 years now. Was on O2 which was an awful experience. Looking to move soon to Meteor 4G, same network

Advertisement