Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 SanDiego (merged)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭irishmisile

rudders wrote: »
    Hopeing to head to San Diego this coming summer on a j1. Heard amazing things about the place. Anyone have any idea what date the j1 will be released this year ?

Hey, I’m planning on going on a J1 too. I’m torn between San Diego or Huntington Beach, the latter having (apparently) more job availability, but San Diego looks awesome too. This will be my first J1 and I’m 22, so don’t know much about the process tbh. Have you looked for accommodation at all in San Diego?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭rudders

Hey, I’m planning on going on a J1 too. I’m torn between San Diego or Huntington Beach, the latter having (apparently) more job availability, but San Diego looks awesome too. This will be my first J1 and I’m 22, so don’t know much about the process tbh. Have you looked for accommodation at all in San Diego?

I've briefly looked into accomodation, pretty tough to get a place apparently but there's a few places avaiksble, only thing is you need to have the visa before you can get it so need to wait to get the job first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fire_man

Just back from California and spent couple of days in San Diego.Great city. Should have went there for J1.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Any idea how to get jobs here haha?

brijay wrote: »
    Any idea how to get jobs here haha?
    It's extremely difficult to get a job there. Luckily I opted for the premium package with USIT who have gotten me a job.

• Advertisement

It's extremely difficult to get a job there. Luckily I opted for the premium package with USIT who have gotten me a job.

Went with SAYIT because people told me it was better didn't really think nothing of it , they basically want me to source my own job here :eek:

Went with SAYIT because people told me it was better didn't really think nothing of it , they basically want me to source my own job here :eek:
    It's my first j1 so thought I'd cut the hassle of having to find one myself as I had no contacts to work. Don't sayit do recruitment events or something that may help? Maybe email all the bars and cafes and ask them if they're hiring. Quicker you get the job the easier accomodation will be (need the visa to secure accomodation) accomodation in San Diego is supposed to be harder to get than the job

It's my first j1 so thought I'd cut the hassle of having to find one myself as I had no contacts to work. Don't sayit do recruitment events or something that may help? Maybe email all the bars and cafes and ask them if they're hiring. Quicker you get the job the easier accomodation will be (need the visa to secure accomodation) accomodation in San Diego is supposed to be harder to get than the job

Yeah they have job fairs but nothing in San Diego and barely anything in the job database , emailing business now but not getting any luck with any of them :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kate L 123

Anyone going to ocean city this summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

San Diego is a great spot! Great place to spend a summer!

• Advertisement

Anyone find accomodation yet?

Anyone find accomodation yet?

Going in 10 days have nothing and friend dropped out to make it worse :D:D you get any luck?

Going in 10 days have nothing and friend dropped out to make it worse :D:D you get any luck?

Managed to find a place on Pacific beach, moving over tomorrow

Advertisement