Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a job interview tomorrow in a international law firm - need help (finance rela

• 11-11-2015 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

So I am a lawyer and I have a job interview tomorrow that consists of a drafting exercise - I asked the HR department what it consists of and this is the reply -

-you are acting for the arranging bank on a syndicated loan transaction and require to amend the margin provisions to comply with the excerpts from the term sheet.-

I have done drafting but never anything like this and I am at a loss of what to do or expect.

Can anyone offer any help?

Much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Well putting that in plain english you are acting for the bank giving the loan and have to draft the clause dealing with the margin, that is the capital plus repayments based on the term sheet or the details of the loan.

Just have a look at any standard commercial mortgage you have about.

Drafting is really just a matter of thinking about what you want to say and expressing it in plain simple language. Avoid over complication and ambigious words and you will be fine.

Sounds like a proper interview actually. Drafting really is an art.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 stiofandebrun

Many thanks

Advertisement