Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

And it's alive! Nice summation here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27549739-post182.html

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Site is a disaster,

text and links all over the place!!

nice work Aer Lingus!!

the Aer Club contact number on the website (1890800600) is actually the reservations number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭Nermal

What are the expiry rules, are they the same as on BA?

Anyone got any good offers other than what's on the site for collecting points (assuming you're not from the UK)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Site is a disaster,

text and links all over the place!!

nice work Aer Lingus!!

the Aer Club contact number on the website (1890800600) is actually the reservations number.

Site is fine, clear your cache. Stop complaining

So, thats it, I'm out

1,500 points collected in the last 12 months means I'm in the green tier, (had the club launched in the summer my previous 12 months would have been about 3,000 points collected).

They are giving existing Gold circle members a 1 month grace period to continue using fast track, priority check in etc...

A Plus fare to the U.K. will give me 25 tier points, meaning I need 6 return trips at plus fare to get to silver.

I guess I'll be flying more with Ryanair in future, and just buying fast track from DAA

and just looking at the Avios site, you can spend points on flights with IB,BA & AL, and also with Avis rental car!! is that it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,545 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Still using the most useless security questions in the world - mothers maiden name and place of birth - both matters of public record purchasable for 4 quid from the GRO!

It looks to me as if booking EI flights on a BA code will often give you more points than on an EI code - point per mile rather than 3 points per fare component euro - which could be 60 quid on a 600 mile flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I haven't gotten any email yet about logging onto AerClub. Did you receive an email with your login details etc?

dudara wrote: »
    I haven't gotten any email yet about logging onto AerClub. Did you receive an email with your login details etc?

Log in to GC as normal, and it brings you to the new username/password set up for Aer Club

Log in to GC as normal, and it brings you to the new username/password set up for Aer Club

Not working for me at the moment. I get the error message below. Perhaps they're in process of transferring my account?
    Response missing necessary data - 10012

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Any news on how many new points you need for a flight to the states?

Asked on the phone the other day, they couldn't tell me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

dudara wrote: »
    Not working for me at the moment. I get the error message below. Perhaps they're in process of transferring my account?

Apparently if you clear your cache it will work fine, a few people over on flyertalk reported the same issue

What business class flights do Aer Lingus operate in Zones 1,2 & 3?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Any news on how many new points you need for a flight to the states?

Asked on the phone the other day, they couldn't tell me.

https://new.aerlingus.com/aerclub/using-aerclub/spending-avios/[/URL]

USA will be Zones 5 & 6 in the link above, you're looking at anywhere from 13,000 to 25,00 one-way in economy depending on whether it is peak/off-peak & distance travelled.

What business class flights do Aer Lingus operate in Zones 1,2 & 3?

Probably referring to an advantage fare or maybe the A330 when it does the runs to Spain in the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Downsey77 wrote: »
    https://new.aerlingus.com/aerclub/using-aerclub/spending-avios/[/URL]

USA will be Zones 5 & 6 in the link above, you're looking at anywhere from 13,000 to 25,00 one-way in economy depending on whether it is peak/off-peak & distance travelled.

Hmm.

So, if one old point gets you two new points...

That means what used to cost 6,000 old points for a return now begins at the equivalent of 6,500 old points one way?

Probably referring to an advantage fare or maybe the A330 when it does the runs to Spain in the summer?

thats not a business class service though, it's just premium seating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

I did a mock booking on avios.com

Dub - Ams return. €128.98 on EI with cash or 4400 avios and €187.61

For SH flights they need to introduce the BA fixed fare concept.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Hmm.

So, if one old point gets you two new points...

That means what used to cost 6,000 old points for a return now begins at the equivalent of 6,500 old points one way?

It's worse than that in business - 12,000 GC points (now converted to 24,000 Avios) would have got you a business class return fare. That could cost you now up to 150,000 Avios, over 6 times as much as the old system!

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    I did a mock booking on avios.com

Dub - Ams return. €128.98 on EI with cash or 4400 avios and €187.61

For SH flights they need to introduce the BA fixed fare concept.

That's ridiculous, why would anyone in their right mind go for that!

EI need to get their act together.

BA charges something like £35 per Avios return for Europe flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

So, thats it, I'm out

1,500 points collected in the last 12 months means I'm in the green tier, (had the club launched in the summer my previous 12 months would have been about 3,000 points collected).

They are giving existing Gold circle members a 1 month grace period to continue using fast track, priority check in etc...

A Plus fare to the U.K. will give me 25 tier points, meaning I need 6 return trips at plus fare to get to silver.

I guess I'll be flying more with Ryanair in future, and just buying fast track from DAA

and just looking at the Avios site, you can spend points on flights with IB,BA & AL, and also with Avis rental car!! is that it?

Book via BA.com. I did so for my last few flights... Not only were the cheaper then AL for the flights, AL was the carrier. Imagine that - cheaper to fly AL when booking via BA.com. Also, their Executive Club is superior in every way and Avios too. Finally, one of my flights was in and out of Dublin to London on a BA flight. Again, superior (and cheaper) than AL in every way. Got a decent ham and cheese croissant, a yoghurt, a juice and a coffee thrown in too... I reckon I'll only fly BA to London going forward.

Now, no sign yet on how to transfer those pissy 250 points out of AerClub and shut down my account on that pissy excuse for a loyalty programme (I've lost thousands of points in this (me and the wife both had 3000GC each). Executive Club is the ONLY way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

So even though I was Gold Status, I'm now Green. I would have made silver if they had kept to the original launch timeline of April 2016.

I've also lost all my GC points. Is this right considering I was Gold before?

W

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

So, thats it, I'm out

Book via BA.com.  I did so for my last few flights... Not only were the cheaper then AL for the flights, AL was the carrier.  Imagine that - cheaper to fly AL when booking via BA.com.  Also, their Executive Club is superior in every way and Avios too.  Finally, one of my flights was in and out of Dublin to London on a BA flight.  Again, superior (and cheaper) than AL in every way.  Got a decent ham and cheese croissant, a yoghurt, a juice and a coffee thrown in too...  I reckon I'll only fly BA to London going forward.

Now, no sign yet on how to transfer those pissy 250 points out of AerClub and shut down my account on that pissy excuse for a loyalty programme (I've lost thousands of points in this (me and the wife both had 3000GC each).  Executive Club is the ONLY way to go.
    So from Jan, BA will have the same buy on board inflight service as EI do, they are essentially becoming EI short haul only with their "business class" where the middle seat will be kept empty.  The basis of BA loyalty is also avios, so why would you cancel your Aer Club, may as well collect as many avoid as you can, if BA is your carrier of choice, great, but it wouldn't make sense to just cancel your membership. Just keep it, and fly BA if you prefer!
    But I must say, when I was booking my Xmas flight I checked out BA and they were showing up EI flights and charging at least 10% more for the same fare as the EI website so I really don't think there is any conspiracy about BA selling EI tickets cheaper

So even though I was Gold Status, I'm now Green. I would have made silver if they had kept to the original launch timeline of April 2016.

I've also lost all my GC points. Is this right considering I was Gold before?

W

They are still in the process of converting the GC points across into peoples' Aer Club accounts. I contacted them this morning via twitter as they confirmed that it will happen "shortly".

Even though you have dropped to Green you should still get your Avios converted as you had Gold Status prior to the changeover. Its only applicant level people who will not have their points transferred to Avois.

You should also get a tier point credit, but not sure what that will be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

just went back over my flights since January and calculated based on todays Tier Point scheme. Total would be 337.5. Is this a case to argue getting Silver status does anyone think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

They are still in the process of converting the GC points across into peoples' Aer Club accounts. I contacted them this morning via twitter as they confirmed that it will happen "shortly".

Even though you have dropped to Green you should still get your Avios converted as you had Gold Status prior to the changeover. Its only applicant level people who will not have their points transferred to Avois.

Thanks. I'll keep a close eye on it so.

Looks like they made a mess of my migration.

I just logged in to the new AerClub account, and I'm down as Green Tier with 250 points. I had been previously sent an email saying that I would be Platinum tier, which is more accurate, given that I'm flying twice a week an average and had over 11,000 GC points, a substantial amount of which was earned in the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

You need a degree in statistics or specifically Airmiles to work all this out! :(

From all the comments above, I have a BA card (Bronze) as well as only entry level GC (know I know why from this thread). Any time I go onto BA to book, the same flights are way dearer than AL - am I missing something?

Also, can we now use our BA Executive Club card on AL flights and get any points?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭crisco10

Where did you read applicant level will not be having points transferred? The below was in faq before migration.

As someone who had 1500 points mainly from plus fares, the recalculation could actually benefit me..

If I am a Gold Circle Applicant member, will I have my Gold Circle points transferred to my AerClub Account when AerClub launches or will they be lost?
    If you are an Applicant member, you will be awarded Tier Credits against the volume of Gold Circle points you have already accumulated. This will allow you to continue your progression to attain Silver membership.

Locker10a wrote: »
    So from Jan, BA will have the same buy on board inflight service as EI do, they are essentially becoming EI short haul only with their "business class" where the middle seat will be kept empty.  The basis of BA loyalty is also avios, so why would you cancel your Aer Club, may as well collect as many avoid as you can, if BA is your carrier of choice, great, but it wouldn't make sense to just cancel your membership. Just keep it, and fly BA if you prefer!
    But I must say, when I was booking my Xmas flight I checked out BA and they were showing up EI flights and charging at least 10% more for the same fare as the EI website so I really don't think there is any conspiracy about BA selling EI tickets cheaper

I've 4 flights planned for the first few months of 2017 and in every scenario, BA is cheaper - with AL as the carrier too. I've a crap load of Avios and that's fine. I just think AL's handing of this migration has been very poorly handled and will no longer route my business directly through them. Petty? Maybe. But the hoards of disgruntled GC members should be aware they have options.

• Advertisement

crisco10 wrote: »
    Where did you read applicant level will not be having points transferred? The below was in faq before migration.

As someone who had 1500 points mainly from plus fares, the recalculation could actually benefit me..

AL told me that directly on Twitter today..... I had 2400GC points... So did my wife. They're gone... toast....

"your account is at applicant level so your Gold Circle points won't transfer over to Avios unfortunately. You'll receive a welcome bonus of Avios of 250 points" By their calculation of 2 for 1, that's 112.5 GC points.... Big whoop.... They can stuff 'em....

Advertisement