Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jamesa9911

Was anyone else Gold level, and then put back to Green in Aer Club? I don't think my Gold status wasn't supposed to expire for a long time, maybe 9 months or so.

On a second note, why are the avios so slow? I received ~18k avios for my last economy return flight in BA (although I'm gold BA, so it's 100% bonus), but nonetheless, only 12k avios from Aer Lingus for 2 years worth of flights is absolutely nothing...

Seems to me like leaving Aer Lingus is still the right choice. They continue to disappoint frequent travellers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

jamesa9911 wrote: »
    Was anyone else Gold level, and then put back to Green in Aer Club?

I was Elite and appear to be Green now.

Assuming that it is still some sort of mistake or that they haven't got around my account yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jamesa9911

Was anyone else Gold level, and then put back to Green in Aer Club?

I was Elite and appear to be Green now.

Assuming that it is still some sort of mistake or that they haven't got around my account yet.

I guess we still have the old Gold Circle cards (and I assume this would work fine in Dublin), but it would be nice to see whether anyone has attempted to use the old card in any airports outside of Dublin.

If the AerClub membership number remains the same, then other airline lounges may check the number and see it as only Green in their own systems...

On a second note, are they sending out new AerClub membership cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

I guess we still have the old Gold Circle cards (and I assume this would work fine in Dublin), but it would be nice to see whether anyone has attempted to use the old card in any airports outside of Dublin.

If the AerClub membership number remains the same, then other airline lounges may check the number and see it as only Green in their own systems...

Don't think I've ever seen a partner lounge do anything other than take down the card and flight details presumably so they can charge aer Lingus. It would be overkill to have some integration to the gold circle system.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I received my Platinum card and luggage tags in the post yesterday. So that's correct. I can only assume that the migration of my data is still in progress somehow.

And the good news is that my Platinum status is valid to mid-2018!

• Advertisement

I am a bit confused to be honest. Haven't received anything in the mail, nor have I received an email advising me of my new status.

Being honest, if they have moved me from Elite to Green, I am pretty sure that I am done with them. I will obviously find it hard to avoid Aer Lingus but I will book them as a BA or other code share flight on every single opportunity.

I also fly long haul east far more frequently than I fly west so makes it a bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kiwster

Was anyone else Gold level, and then put back to Green in Aer Club? I don't think my Gold status wasn't supposed to expire for a long time, maybe 9 months or so.

On a second note, why are the avios so slow? I received ~18k avios for my last economy return flight in BA (although I'm gold BA, so it's 100% bonus), but nonetheless, only 12k avios from Aer Lingus for 2 years worth of flights is absolutely nothing...

Seems to me like leaving Aer Lingus is still the right choice. They continue to disappoint frequent travellers :pac:

Yes. I was Gold, now down to green. I was told I didn't reach 2400 points in the last 12 months although I had over 30 flights which would make me silver. The really annoying thing is my gold circle gold doesn't expire for a few months and I would have reached 2400 by the time it expires. I am going to formally complain to Aer Lingus. This has left a very bad taste in my mouth. I have the option of using a different airline which I already have status with for my almost 80 flights a year so I shall be giving them ALL my business in future. So long Aer Lingus. It's not even that good an airline. The gold circle status made it somewhat ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I finally have some tier credits but they look a bit lower than I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

L1011 wrote: »
    I finally have some tier credits but they look a bit lower than I was expecting.

My Avios points have appeared, but my Tier Credits and overall status is still not right. Looks like it's still in progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

I got 30 tier points today and no extra avios. Whop-dee-do...

• Advertisement

Can't help but wonder how bad this would have been if they went live as originally scheduled.

The level of ****wittery is about on par with everything I have experienced with Gold Circle in the past 2/3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Deagol wrote: »
    I got 30 tier points today and no extra avios. Whop-dee-do...

I just got 60, still nowhere near what I earned in the last 12 months though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Rock of Gibraltar

I just got 60, still nowhere near what I earned in the last 12 months though!!

I'm the same, it's very irritating. I had a look through my flights over the past year and applied the AerClub tier point methodology, I should be well clear of the silver threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

I'm the same, it's very irritating. I had a look through my flights over the past year and applied the AerClub tier point methodology, I should be well clear of the silver threshold.

Same situation here, showing 45 tier credits this morning but I calculate at least 380 for the last 12 months. Was put on green tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Just did the "conversion" to AerClub by signing up after logging in to AerLingus.com - and it shows 0 balance for Avios and Tier Credits - did I mess up?

I"m also very surprised that the previous emails I got indicated I would be Green status and have 0 tier credits - I've certainly done more than 2400 GC points in the last 12 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

mwrf wrote: »
    Same situation here, showing 45 tier credits this morning but I calculate at least 380 for the last 12 months. Was put on green tier.

Yeah on 45 today. But should definitely have more than that! Coincidence that it is 45 for both of us..? (I.e. job is only half done?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

crisco10 wrote: »
    Yeah on 45 today. But should definitely have more than that! Coincidence that it is 45 for both of us..? (I.e. job is only half done?)

I got 45 as well. Seen other posts saying they got 60.

Anybody have any idea how the conversion formula was done? Anybody emailed EI and asked them? Thinking of doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭endagibson

endagibson wrote: »
    Was Gold previously. Should have moved to the next tier up on GC a few months ago, but it didn't happen and I didn't chase it. Now I've been moved to Platinum and I have 250 points of some description, but the 7,500 GC points are nowhere to be seen.

Will give it a few days and see what happens. I'm flying to London on Monday afternoon regardless.
    Looks like they're finished now. Still on Platinum, but with no tier credits that I can see. 15,650 Avios points and Platinum membership doesn't expire until 30-Apr-2016.

Is there anything else that I can spend these Avios points on? Can't see anything on the Aer Lingus site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Was Gold previously. Should have moved to the next tier up on GC a few months ago, but it didn't happen and I didn't chase it. Now I've been moved to Platinum and I have 250 points of some description, but the 7,500 GC points are nowhere to be seen.

Will give it a few days and see what happens. I'm flying to London on Monday afternoon regardless.
    Looks like they're finished now. Still on Platinum, but with no tier credits that I can see. 15,650 Avios points and Platinum membership doesn't expire until 30-Apr-2016.

Is there anything else that I can spend these Avios points on? Can't see anything on the Aer Lingus site.
    go to avios.com

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Well none of my 5,100 GC points were credited and I've a measly 45 tier points. Clowns

I'll book through BA in future. I've 60,000 avios with them.

• Advertisement

I got 45 as well. Seen other posts saying they got 60.

Anybody have any idea how the conversion formula was done? Anybody emailed EI and asked them? Thinking of doing that.

Website has only got a phone number, no email address or anything. Bit annoying, easier for me to send emails etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

I am not up to speed on the gold circle system, I have Avios: 12,710 points and Tier Points:360.

What would that get me? free flight or upgrades or enough for a bag of crisps or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

That should mean silver status, your benefits should be listed when you sign in to your account at aerlingus.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I've been credited with 4050 Avios points and 60 Tier Credits.

15 Return flights in the last 11 months. Challenging them to see if I can get bumped to Silver as the small perks are the only reason I prioritize AL over cheaper and sometimes better timed flights.

djkeogh wrote: »
    I've been credited with 4050 Avios points and 60 Tier Credits.

15 Return flights in the last 11 months. Challenging them to see if I can get bumped to Silver as the small perks are the only reason I prioritize AL over cheaper and sometimes better timed flights.

So am I, if it is correct, they havent communicated the methodology behind the Tier Points calculation in the transition at all.

Just checked, and I've flown 24 times in 2016 with Aerlingus, TA, UK and the continent. A lot of the time on plus fares. Yet I've been awarded 45 tier points?

Looking at the tier page on the site, I reckon I should have about 300! (even accounting for some fares which were "saver" and all that)

I'm just confused.

Edit: After a few DM's on Twitter. I'm no longer confused, it's clear that Aer Lingus have made up some arbitrary exchange between GC points and Tier points which significantly writes down the value of their liabilities. i.e. which screws any members, or applicants over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Really appreciate the advice here, going to be going over to City airport at least once a week for the next year. Want to focus on one airline and not cityjet, which is going to be more beneficial BA or Aer Lingus?

Starting at the start for both.

Can you even get tier points with BA operated flights?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Any idea if there's a way to add missing flights? I've at least one missing that had my old Gold Circle number attached but it never appeared in Aer Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,522 ✭✭✭✭ted1

faceman wrote: »
    Well none of my 5,100 GC points were credited and I've a measly 45 tier points. Clowns

I'll book through BA in future. I've 60,000 avios with them.

You can transfer the points from BA over . We usually fly with BA with work as EI don't go places we need to. Also Aer lingus use the wrong terminal for BA connections.

So transfer lung the points suits me, 405 euro +32,000 points return for 2 to JFK in February. Not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

joe316 wrote: »
    Really appreciate the advice here, going to be going over to City airport at least once a week for the next year. Want to focus on one airline and not cityjet, which is going to be more beneficial BA or Aer Lingus?

Starting at the start for both.

Can you even get tier points with BA operated flights?

I used fly to LCY on BA (their little Embraers), but always bought my ticket from EI, so got my GC points that way. I'm sure the same scenario applies now.
    I don't think there's any longues in LCY? So the only longue you could make beneift of is in Dublin, so maybe Aer Club is for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭notuslimited

The conversion is all a bit of a mystery. Here's some numbers. Have been allocated to Platinum. Aer Club account shows no tier points and 250 avios. My Elite membership year began 1 June 2016. My GC points earned calendar YTD amounts to 10250. My Tier points earned since 1 June amounts to 950 (remember....zero in my Aer Club account). My GC points in the year to 20 Nov 2016 amounts to 9350. It's been 3 weeks since I asked EI to explain how my Aer Club membership level was calculated. Not a peep from EI despite 2 follow up e-mails. What a sorry state of affairs.

Advertisement